how can i get a 3g signal at work without a wireless router.HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

doiderg

Reaction score
At my work, i do not get no 3g signal on my phone. Also my job does not allow wireless routers/ wifi.
In my work room we have plenty of computers with internet connection.
Is there anyway i can get a 3g signal connecting my phone to the computers with internet connection?

my old windows phone. i was able to connect it with a usb cable and i was able to get 3g.

Any advice will be appreciated.
i really need 3g on my phone at work. REALLY BAD NEED IT.

Is there anyway i can get a 3g signal connecting my phone to the computers with internet connection?

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
At my work, i do not get no 3g signal on my phone. Also my job does not allow wireless routers/ wifi.

my old windows phone. i was able to connect it with a usb cable and i was able to get 3g.

That wouldn't be a 3G connection if it's through your phone, it would be your internets connection, but I'm not sure. The two apps in the market that act as tethers are one way, giving the computer your phones Internet...

OP
D

doiderg

Reaction score

That wouldn't be a 3G connection if it's through your phone, it would be your internets connection, but I'm not sure. The two apps in the market that act as tethers are one way, giving the computer your phones Internet...

yaa some like that. on my windows phone the 3g icon would stay on when i connected it to a computer. i know about the tether to computers. my droid is rooted.

all i want to do is get a 3g signal on my phone so i can wireless tether to my itouch and get stream music when i walk around at work.
i work in room where there are AC vents in the floor and they are kinda loud and would like to have streaming music because i cant even get a regular radio/FM signal.

I need this really bad before i go crazy listening to the AC vent noises.

thanks to all that help

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the coverage in your area bad or is it the building blocking the signal?

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
You could set a wireless router out of sight and make it not broadcast the ssid :icon_ devil:

y0manda

Reaction score
Why not just listen to radio from the computers at work? also A 32 gig mem card will store a lot of music on your phone.

OP
D

doiderg

Reaction score
You could set a wireless router out of sight and make it not broadcast the ssid :icon_ devil:
Cant the IT department comes by alot and they dont allow it. If i was able to do that. i would have done it right away

OP
D

doiderg

Reaction score
Why not just listen to radio from the computers at work? also A 32 gig mem card will store a lot of music on your phone.

The room that i work in is a football size room and i move around alot and not near the computer.
also i perfer streaming music over saved/ipod music.

thanks

OP
D

doiderg

Reaction score
If anyone finds a way to do it. i would be willing to pay money with paypal for the idea if it works.
paypal cash offer of $10.

thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.