Signal boster

D

dvdcatalyst

The thing with the network extender is that it requires an internet connection for it to work. The OP wants to drop his existing internet at home, and replace it with the internet on his phone.

The extender itself works pretty good, but I have to limit my internet usage a little to make sure it has enough bandwidth to handle calls.

OP
S

setlab

Reaction score
OP
S

setlab

Reaction score
WC,

Thanks for the link on the sleek. I had not seen that particular model. I run the higher db gain units in my home and jeep. Do you have any issues with feedback cancellation. The mobile unit in my jeep is a little "particular" about spacing between the trucker antenna and sending unit.

The Sleek posted has 20 db gain, according to the specs. A couple of the other Wilson products have 40 or 50 db gain. What I would suggest to someone thinking wilson would be to download a market app called Netmonitor. This will give you real time db readings (a little easier than bouncing into the settings menu) and plot the tower locations (for idea on distance). With this information, you could speak with a Wilson tech and they could probably point you to the best device. 20 DB gain would likley be enough for me at home, but not nearly enough in a few places I play.

Craig

Is netmoniter still available? I looked in the app store and it wasn't there. But maybe I misspelled it too.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Set,

Yes, it is netmonitor with an o, and not an e. I was playing with it again yesterday, as I was fiddling with my baseband, and went through a period whereby it would not show the tower location/coords. One of the problems listed in the comments section when viewing the app. Turns out that when I run my phone through my Wilson repeater, netmonitor will not show coords. Turn off the amp, and bingo coords.

I was actually able to use the program to determine that with the kernel I am running, when I use setcpu to turn my low end processor to 250 or 300, my 3g and bars were truely dropping, further complicating my signal reception. Set my low end to 400 or 500 and I stop getting the up and down bars and more importantly solid
-80's in the db meter on netmonitor.

Craig

Kingdombuilder

Reaction score

The thing with the network extender is that it requires an internet connection for it to work. The OP wants to drop his existing internet at home, and replace it with the internet on his phone.

The extender itself works pretty good, but I have to limit my internet usage a little to make sure it has enough bandwidth to handle calls.

It might just better and cheaper to go wifi instead of an extended for personal use anyway...