No animated gifs???

Thunder1

Reaction score
lol. Google chrome dosen't animate your png but FF dose! IE didn't but that might be my settings.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can vote on this issue here:

Issue 3422 - android - Animated GIF not working in browser - Project Hosting on Google Code

Someone thre with an @android.com address says that support is scheduled for a future release and they're working on it. There's talk on that site about how it's not an easy problem to fix. Animated GIFs are resource hogs. Try viewing an animated gif on your desktop/laptop. Go check out your computer's processor usage. It's ridiculous.

M

Matth3w

You can vote on this issue here:

Issue 3422 - android - Animated GIF not working in browser - Project Hosting on Google Code

Someone thre with an @android.com address says that support is scheduled for a future release and they're working on it. There's talk on that site about how it's not an easy problem to fix. Animated GIFs are resource hogs. Try viewing an animated gif on your desktop/laptop. Go check out your computer's processor usage. It's ridiculous.
Smilie faces are not resource hogs. Yes, if someone turns a movie into an animated gif, they are. The dancing banana is like 1.5kb

Mammatam

Reaction score
does anyone know if this issue has been addressed as of yet? I just got my 1st droid and it doesn't play my gif files...

Mammatam

Reaction score
well I found a messaging app that shows them when I open them in there but now I have to figure out how to make it the default messaging app and not the one my phone came with so they aren't both going off when I get messages! I have a Droid 1

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
well I found a messaging app that shows them when I open them in there but now I have to figure out how to make it the default messaging app and not the one my phone came with so they aren't both going off when I get messages! I have a Droid 1

Go into the settings on the stock app and disable all notifications.

Mammatam

Reaction score
Thanks! I actually found that answer on here elsewhere. I appreciate the advice though!! I'm still learning how all this stuff works