Any chance of animated avatars?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the first thing I noticed when I signed up was that you can't have any animated GIFs for an avatar. Any chance in letting this happen (I'm assuming it's a setting thing)?

How about allowing it if a member supports the site, like a yearly subscription thing?

Just thought I'd ask.

Jim

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the first thing I noticed when I signed up was that you can't have any animated GIFs for an avatar. Any chance in letting this happen (I'm assuming it's a setting thing)?

How about allowing it if a member supports the site, like a yearly subscription thing?

Just thought I'd ask.

Jim

I just spoke to Miami, one of the Admins here and he said that animated GIFs for avatar is OK so long as it's family friendly. You know, nothing sexual, that type of stuff. No upgrade in membership required. :)

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to Miami, one of the Admins here and he said that animated GIFs for avatar is OK so long as it's family friendly. You know, nothing sexual, that type of stuff. No upgrade in membership required. :)

I don't have any "NWS" gifs, so if you know where I can get some.... :p
Odd, every one I've tried just shows as a static image. The one I have now is supposed to be animated. Well, thanks for getting back.

Jim

EDIT: You're right, I wasn't optimizing down enough.... my bad.