1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

animated gifs in messaging

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by benjyw44, May 21, 2010.

1. benjyw44

benjyw44 New Member

I've noticed on my Eris that I cannot get a forwarded text message that is an animation. I guess it's a gif. Usually it breaks the sound and the gif separately so you can open them individually. And the gif / animation only plays one time, then you have to re-set it.

I know older phones could get these and play them with the music. Any idea how to do it?
  2. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

I do believe android does not support .gif format, it's sad I know... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  3. Guchi

Guchi New Member

^^^that is correct. But .gif is way old tech, its all about flash and html5 now
  4. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

The really really sad part is that forums\myspace, etc, mostly support .gif's as avatars, so right there android is behind the times.

Why wouldn't they support gifs is the real question, it's a simple format. I know moving forward is great and all, but this seems like a really ez deal for an 'operating system'.
  5. samvandf

samvandf New Member

That was an overlook of Droid Incredible...I was going to upgrade my phone but not any more...Hopefully, Android 2.2 will support animated GIF or I will keep my old phone...Did not want to get iPhone since it does not support Flash player and now Droid Incredible not supporting animated GIF...:angry:
Search tags for this page

android text animated gif

animated gif text message android

can i send a gif in a text on an htc phone
cant send gifs htc one
how to get gifs to play in texts
how to send animated gif text message

how to send gifs on htc one

how to text message gifs with android
htc one gif message
htc one how to send gif
htc one play gif in message