Droid Freezing After ROM Install

younga01

Reaction score
OK, I've been trying to search for a similar issue, but no luck.

Here's what happens, after I install a new ROM things work great (most recent attempted was the new BB, but this has happened also with Cyanogen and the new Sapphire). After a reboot or two though things go awry. The phone boots up normal, goes past the M and the Boot Anim, and actually begins loading up everything then suddenly freezes solid. I can't even hit the power button to turn off the screen, I have to actually pull the battery.

I am wiping the data and cache before installing the ROM's with ROM Manager.

Thankfully I also run a Nandroid backup before I do anything, so I'm running stable right now on Saphhire 2.0, but I'd like to try something else.

I've thought about a new kernal, but does anyone have any other ideas?

Original Droid by the way...

titans1

Reaction score
you have a kernel problem my friend. i am sure of it.... try to do another instal on a rom with a complete wipe three times then instal the rom of your choice. Also have a safe...kernel which is normally a normal voltage 800 max kernel. i suggest chevy or slayher. instal this right after you do the rom. go into setcp and set the min to 250 and the max to 800. see if that helps. if not try another kernel till you get one that will work for you.

OP
Y

younga01

Reaction score
I think you're exactly right. I was running Sapphire's LV 125-800. Since my hunch was a kernel, I switched it last night to a P3 SV 125-1000. Running smooth and my battery life is excellent.

To tell you the truth, hindsight being 20-20, the signs were always there that the kernel didn't agree with my phone, I was just too stubborn to see it.

Thanks for replying!