nightly 0.4 live now

cowboydroid

Reaction score
If I have to SBF, I'm just going back to stock Froyo. Liberty was a bit of a headache on 1.5 with it's random reboots and lockscreen problems. They got worse with 2.0.1. I thought the situation might improve with the GB build, but this is ridiculous. I know my 5 bucks is already down the drain, but I'm not going to support software that simply doesn't work.

SBFing is not something I wanted to deal with tonight. I don't really have the time for it at the moment. I followed the instructions explicitly, and all I get is a frozen boot animation. It was a risk I was willing to take, and it bit me. I am probably done with the Liberty rom.

1. From rom manager in toolbox selected v.4
2. After downloaded prompt selected install then yes to data/cache wipe
3. <5 Min start to finish running on .4 without issue.

Your problems are not indicative of the masses. It happens sometimes whether its a bad download or something else corrupted along the way but I assure you the rom works.

Right. I followed those exact steps, and yet encountered a completely different outcome. That indicates a problem with the software. Also, it appears I am not the only one expressing this issue. Just because the "masses" don't experience the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's an ostrich mentality. Partially working is not the same thing as absolutely working.

I think it's a ripoff that I had to spend 5 dollars to basically SBF my phone tonight. There's just no other way to put it. Completely disappointed.

And I have no idea how it happened, but I managed to boot into clockwork mod from the frozen boot logo and restore an old backup, just so I could actually get my phone useable again.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Right. I followed those exact steps, and yet encountered a completely different outcome. That indicates a problem with the software. Also, it appears I am not the only one expressing this issue. Just because the "masses" don't experience the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's an ostrich mentality. Partially working is not the same thing as absolutely working.

I think it's a ripoff that I had to spend 5 dollars to basically SBF my phone tonight. There's just no other way to put it. Completely disappointed.

And I have no idea how it happened, but I managed to boot into clockwork mod from the frozen boot logo and restore an old backup, just so I could actually get my phone useable again.

Firstly, you didn't have to spend any money, but you did donate to Jrummy and grab that version of his toolbox. That was very nice of you and I'm sure he appreciates it.

A cool bonus is that it gained you access to an incomplete product (which we haven't released on a forum because its not finished yet). Meanwhile, you are complaining as if we've released a product that we said was final, bugfree and should give everyone a pet Unicorn. Since you are having trouble with it, I'd say its a good thing we didn't get the town crier to announce a new version for us.

Now, lets move on to the fact that this device isn't the easiest to dev on so we're stuck building on Moto's base. That alone means more complications can arise. Oh AND this entire rom is based on a leak build... which means its not even fully qualified software from Motorola.

Now, we've tried to make it easy to go from the .340 base to LGB by making it all one zip. It's obvious from the 2-3 reports I've seen that we haven't gotten it nailed completely yet. But there is another solution that you are welcome to try. Go to MDW and do the original process that includes 3 zips. If you get through that successfully, then come back and give our non-full zip a try.

If you don't want to, that's also your choice. And thank goodness we Humans have the ability to choose. I'd hate to be a bugger and just be a mindless extension of the queen.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If I have to SBF, I'm just going back to stock Froyo. Liberty was a bit of a headache on 1.5 with it's random reboots and lockscreen problems. They got worse with 2.0.1. I thought the situation might improve with the GB build, but this is ridiculous. I know my 5 bucks is already down the drain, but I'm not going to support software that simply doesn't work.

SBFing is not something I wanted to deal with tonight. I don't really have the time for it at the moment. I followed the instructions explicitly, and all I get is a frozen boot animation. It was a risk I was willing to take, and it bit me. I am probably done with the Liberty rom.

Your problems are not indicative of the masses. It happens sometimes whether its a bad download or something else corrupted along the way but I assure you the rom works.

Sorry you had the bad experience. We are doing our best to resolve any issues users are having. I personally haven't had this one yet and have flashed the rom atleast 50 times. I'm not saying you didn't have it but if I see the issue somewhere else I will be glad to try and figure it out.

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Cant believe how some people cry over $5. $5...After all jrummy has put out there that you have used (whether you realize you were running it or not), & you want to complain about it. It was fully stated that this was a incomplete build, use at your own risk, etc. But still unexperienced users rush in & flash with no preparation or research. I have been on Liberty since the intial 1.0 release, & I can honestly say I have had no problems as long as I followed instructions. Yes, I'm partial to liberty, but anyone who has ran it, has to admit its stable, fast & clean. The toolbox that you donated for has a lot more tools in it than you realize. Bootstraper, rom manager, fix permissions, etc, etc. It would cost more than $5 to buy tools on the market that does what libertys toolbox does. Think about all the Time spent by team liberty to bring you guys what you love. Not to mention how much of our own money we spend on equipment, software, internet access, ftp servers, etc. Google Photoshop CS5 Extended, Eye Candy, & Xenofex 2 & that will give you an idea of what is spent on software just to theme! How much is your personal time worth? Time away from wife, girlfriend, kids, etc? Is it worth more than $5 ? When you have a nproblem with android & want help, is it worth more than $5 to have your problem solved? Come on guys 'Cowboy Up', stop crying & stop & think, that just maybe it might be possible that the problem you're having might just be caused from something YOU did wrong...:icon_eek:

Randy8967

Reaction score
Liberty customization loops at the settings box after the initial download of files. Does anyone have a solution? Just as well, what are the new changes for v.4?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jriv21

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with connecting to wifi? Everything else is great but when I try and connect to my network, it just sits on 'obtaining ip address'.

Y14g3t5

Reaction score
Success. Very nice work. Haven't played around too much yet, but flash from v.3 was smooth and flawless. LC process is AWESOME! V4 seems to be a significant upgrade in gui :) Thx for everything you do.

PS - I am completely satisfied with the $5 I spent on LTB. Some cowboys couldn't hack it in the old wild west either.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jgmarz

Reaction score
Liberty 2.04

Im already running .588 GB. Can I install Lib .04 directly from toolbox or do I need to sbf back to 2.3.340?

coltzfan

Reaction score
Running like a top!!! The customizer is nice. I like the statement.....Its your phone, do what you want with it!!! Great job.

blrnstone

Reaction score
To the people having issues with the file are you downloading over wifi? And does the rom manager state the file size/md5 info?

Yeah, I did mine over wifi. I didn't go in the second time I tried it to delete the old file and download a fresh one though, wondering if it didn't copy over it or what.. Gave up after a few attempts last night, will try it again tonight. Was thinking I'd try going to v.3 then moving up to v.4.

I've also tried it from Liberty 2.0.1 and from the current rooted stock Froyo build from Verizon.

Question for JRummy: Is this built off the leaked Verizon GB build that came out a few weeks back, or is this something you built from source? I found all kind of bugs in the first GB leak and dumped it after 2 days and went back to Liberty (Which is completely awesome, thanks for all your hard work :))

Looking forward to figuring out the boot screen freeze thing this weekend. :)

bL33d

Reaction score
Fyi apex 2.0 theme fix makes the menus black in liberty 0.4 aswell. U do lose liberty customizer in setting menu though. I didn't use it anyway.

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Success!!!

I was downloading over 3g before and got nothing. Downloaded over wifi now it's working.

Just a note. I opened droid 2 bootsrapper and clicked recovery and then ok. Backed out and then installed and it went ok.

chefb

Reaction score
Hopefully this release will solve my widget issues. I cannot get the widgets to load after a reboot. I have to remove and add them to get them to load again.

UPDATE:

Got the install completed and all seems good except for the above issue. None of my widgets will load at boot. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?

Good to see you working!!!! I wish I could come aboard.

reznorfan0

Reaction score
I'm waiting patiently for the final release of GB Liberty. I really want to go on these pre-releases, just don't have the time that I used to to fix stuff if I screw something up. Any ideas as far as a timetable on the "official" release?

Also, don't let the complainers get you down. It's unfortunate that once a guy has a problem that he considers his donation a waste. I for one appreciate everything you guys do (have donated to team lib, and supported most of rummy's previous efforts as well), and can't imagine the time you guys have put into this thing. Like you said, the X is a temperamental phone, and people are going to have issues here and there. You guys offer some of the best support post-release of any developers I have seen, and I have never seen you guys leave anybody hanging. So keep up the good work. I definitely plan on donating again with the official release.

twiyojdi

Reaction score
I'm currently on v0.1. Do I have to install v0.3 first or can I go straight to v0.4? Thanks!