Nexus 6 issues thread

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
141478d1413553323t-google-nexus-6-midnight-blue-cloud-white-nexus6-press-01-900-90.jpg

Post issues noticed with the nexus 6. Last year I ended up holding off on my nexus 5 after seeing a couple of issues as a result of rushing to fulfill demand. If you find any issues especially from a manufacturing standpoint please post as this may help others see in they are having the same issues as well as help with the warranty process.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Several reviews talk about experiencing slow sequential read speeds - slower than other recent flagships and even slower than the Nexus 5. Some of the more technically minded reviews are speculating that it could be lower quality storage that was used (something that happened with the original Nexus 7).

Hopefully it's actually a software issue that Google can address quickly.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Interesting will have to look into that.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Several reviews talk about experiencing slow sequential read speeds - slower than other recent flagships and even slower than the Nexus 5. Some of the more technically minded reviews are speculating that it could be lower quality storage that was used (something that happened with the original Nexus 7).

Hopefully it's actually a software issue that Google can address quickly.

Yeah, some of the reviews were pretty harsh on this device, and regardless of its shortcomings you could tell who the die hard Nexus fans were. That battery life is downright depressing though. But like many "brands" today, people will buy it for the name alone.
I'm not a fan of the whole "it should be fixed in a future update" saying that seems to be so popular these days. Personally, I don't buy a phone based off what it "may be like in the future", I buy based off what it can do "right now".
And the journey continues...

S5 tap'n