Nexus 6 Question & Answer Session Ideas

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus_6_angles.jpg

One of the hottest new phones of the year is undoubtedly the Motorola-made Google Nexus 6. Its high-end specs and Android 5.0 preinstalled appeal to a great many folks, and we are thrilled to see our Nexus 6 section in the forums taking off so fast.

We plan to get a Nexus 6 in the office for a full hands-on preview and Q&A session on the new super-phablet. We want to find out what you folks would like to know the most regarding the next Nexus. We thought it would be cool and useful to get some direct feedback from you. That way, once we work up a full breakdown of the device, you can get a feel for it before you shell out your hard earned dollars, just in case you have a backup device in mind.

To that end, please post any and all questions you have about the Nexus 6 in this thread. Once we get our hands on one, we will fill out the Nexus 6 Q&A thread with all of the answers we can come up with. Your questions could be about anything: the general feel of the phone, any technical glitches, performance, battery life, or anything you can come up with.

We want to fill our hands-on Nexus 6 content with the highest volume of useful info for our members!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it to feel/see the build quality. I'm assuming it will feel like I'm holding a Moto X, but we'll see.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'd like to hear your comments regarding the short-comings found by the Anandtech review and your observations on some of the LOW scores they gave it. They basically panned the N6!

I refuse to believe that every other review of the device was so different. I mean, on Anandtech tests the thing is just a Nexus 5 with a worse screen. Wow.

AnandTech The Nexus 6 Review

And THIS... (It's the link to the Ars video of the Nexus 5 outperforming the Nexus 6)

Nexus 6 review The premium price still comes with compromises Ars Technica

Last edited:

DrumsOfGrohl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone 6
How fast does it charge?

How long did you go before having to charge it again? (This is assuming you're using it nonstop, as you probably will be doing for the purpose of this Q&A).

How heavy does it feel? Can you compare it to the weight of a common object?

Can you post some photos of it compared to other phones in similar markets?

Hows the camera? How's the camera App?
Same questions for the video.

Can you talk about how seemless it is? Does it lag in certain situations?

DrumsOfGrohl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone 6
Is it too big?

What do you think about the speakers?

Is it quick to power on and off?

TatDroid

Reaction score
How's the battery life, driving that huge screen (the main reason I didn't jump at the second gen Moto X, and ended up with the Turbo).

Sent from my Droid Turbo

vertical

Reaction score
Yeah, but how does it FEEL? Like the construction of the hardware.

Apple has always killed it on the fit and finish, how does it stack up to the new Apple hardware?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's got good hardware and it feels really great in the hand. I think it can compete with the build quality of the IPhone 6.We are talking about the Turbo right?..;):p:D

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's got good hardware and it feels really great in the hand. I think it can compete with the build quality of the IPhone 6.We are talking about the Turbo right?..;):p:D
Funny! You'll make enemies quickly with the Nexus fans making comments like that! ;-)

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
How does it feel to go from a medium sized phone to a gargantuan tablet with cellular capabilities?

How is the wifi connection?

Ram Singh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I Have a IPhone 6 in my hand and such a great feeling to hold this iphone. Don't compare any phone with iphone apple............................

thanks
carl johnson

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I Have a IPhone 6 in my hand and such a great feeling to hold this iphone. Don't compare any phone with iphone apple............................

thanks
carl johnson

We could compare it to the HTC M8 which it copied. Just not in this thread :)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
These are great questions folks! Please keep them coming!