kstownse

Reaction score
Hi! I just bought a Droid X and joined this forum. I am just beginning to explore all of the features of the Droid. One of the things I'm having trouble with is how to initiate a hands free call using my Droid. I have a BlueAnt Q1 Bluetooth headset. I put the Droid in auto answer mode so that I can receive calls, but I can't figure out how to initiate them. The Droid doesn't seem to support Voice Commands and I haven't been able to find an application that does either. Someone must have solved this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I longpress on the search button I can say "call home".

Until you are on Android 2.2 you can not initiate calls via Bluetooth. That is one of the fixes in 2.2 which might be released next week. Maybe:)

OP
K

kstownse

Reaction score
One Step Closer

Thanks! I do have a voice calling icon on my main screen. I thought I saw something somewhere, but couldn't remember where. I tried it out manually and it works fine, but how do I activate that feature while I'm driving and using my headset?

OP
K

kstownse

Reaction score
Release 2.2

Again thanks! When release 2.2 comes out (and I hope it's next week) will I have to do anything special to get it?