Question: Do BT Headsets with built in Voice Dialing work on Droid?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Go for it, not only does it have very handy built in voice control, BUT the sound quality and range is second to none, and the noise cancelling is the best! I can use it while cutting a tree with a BIG chainsaw and the other person can still hear me clearly. No kidding!!

Plus it looks high tech enough to match the high tech looks of the Droid.

A win, win in every way.
I've been considering the Plantronics 975 because it also has great reviews and doesn't hang off the top of the ear. I wear glasses so I'm wondering how cumbersome the Q1 might be. Looks like it has a pretty thick earloop thingy...

The earloop is optional and not required... PLUS it comes with 4 different ear loops, a large and small leather wrapped version and a large and small normal "wire" type.

user53

Reaction score
Thought I'd mention this if anyone here hadn't seen it. If you go to the blueant q1 official website there is a firmware upgrade for the headset(8.19). This upgrade includes a huge feature that was missing and that is A2DP support. A2DP lets you stream music, podcasts, and even turn by turn directions to the handset. I am utterly loving the headset and this upgrade made it 10 times better!

DFXmobile

Reaction score
Hi,

Have a BlueAnt Q1 BT headset on the way to me. It has built in voice dialing and was wondering if any knows if BT headsets with built in voice dialing work(voice dial) on the Droid?

If no one knows I will update if it does or not when I get mine.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

As Dave can attest, the issue of Bluetooth voice dialing on the Droid is complex. I have tried to summarize all of the major issues in this post. Thanks to Dave for pointing out this cool exception to one of our app's limitations.