New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

carlhill

Reaction score
I have to admit that I'm getting nervous. There are a lot of people having a lot of problems in multiple forums. I'll wait and give it a try, but if this phone stinks, I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with the Storm and keep it. I'll send it right back and wait for someone to fix the issues.

The problem is that they will make you go through at least 3 of them before you can switch phones (If you go over the 30 day period). If you do it before your 30 days are up, you're still going to get hit with the 35% restocking fee. I just hope that it it is worth the wait. I can't imagine anything being as screwed up as the Eris was.

ch

mpizzle4shizzle

Reaction score
Keep in mind, those who have Droid X's that are working aren't spending time on forums complaining about them. Forums are always filled with the grief from unsatisfied customers. Not to say they shouldn't complain, its a pain in the butt and unfair. However, I've had two coworkers receive their Droid X's in the last month and neither has had a problem and they work amazingly. I'm still excited for mine. If it comes and has a problem, my thought is Verizon is going to have a problem with me.

pjg

Reaction score
Keep in mind, those who have Droid X's that are working aren't spending time on forums complaining about them.

Yeah, that's true. I know a few people who have models that work well and are happy with them. Hopefully this thing will be worth the wait and hassle.

iDr0id

Reaction score
I ordered the 8th, debating whether or not i should call CS because I called 4 days in a row to ask if it had been shipped yet. Dumb lady who did my order forgot to ask me for my email adresswith the order so I will not recieve an email when it ships.

Hope to god mine isnt defective... With my luck, it will be.

pjg

Reaction score
It can't hurt to call, but the consensus seems to be that the customer service reps don't really have any useful info.

Dolvich

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my Droid X delivered yesterday (ordered on the 4th) and unfortunately it is defective.

Did it have the broken screen, camera, speaker, or would it keep dropping calls? I've heard these are all (unfortunately) fairly common issues.

Its actually fairly minor. There is a loud annoying buzzing sound that comes from the earpiece when the call volume is turned up. The rest of the phone works great and aside from that issue I'm pretty happy with it.

iDr0id

Reaction score
Did you try and search or troubleshoot for a fix before you send it off? Id at least wait till my vz store has one in stock then do the switch, if they ever have any in stock

And usually when i call, I don't think they even look anything up and just tell me it will ship the 25th. Not even sure if they look to see if It has been shipped. Lazy people

tomnationwide

Reaction score
I have to admit that I'm getting nervous. There are a lot of people having a lot of problems in multiple forums. I'll wait and give it a try, but if this phone stinks, I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with the Storm and keep it. I'll send it right back and wait for someone to fix the issues.

Remember that much of the complaining you see are people who will, by nature, complain about every phone they have ever had yet tell you "my other phones didn't have these issues!". Rest assured, they had other issues etc etc ad finitum.

There are ALWAYS issues with phones and when one person buys a phone, has a problem with it, and calls one other person who prefers a different one and once heard ONE OTHER person say something bad it becomes gospel and builds from there.

My favorite phone os all time I currently have, and it's a HTC Pure from ATT and it is very very flawed and there are issues, but only nominal ones that don't matter.

Droid X will be a great phone and you will love it, lest you believe the 1% who think that Droid Xs are falling out of the sky from Martians who are trying to destroy the earth once the Droid X owners form a certain pattern and ruse the same ring tone.

it's crazy is what it is.

pjg

Reaction score
, lest you believe the 1% who think that Droid Xs are falling out of the sky from Martians who are trying to destroy the earth once the Droid X owners form a certain pattern and ruse the same ring tone.

it's crazy is what it is.

Don't worry, I'm not chicken little. Unfortunately, Verizon and Motorola have admitted that a few bad batches of phones have been produced and distributed. The speaker buzzing problem and faulty screen have been widely reported. It's still a small %, but it is a legit problem. The fact that you get bumped to the back of the line if you get stuck with a bad phone is what irks me.

iDr0id

Reaction score
Hopefully since Mine will be from a newer batch, ordered on the 8th, it may be looked over more thoroughly. Probably not, but it's a though.

BTW, i called 4 times in the last 5 days. Think it'd hurt to call again. Like i said before i will not be recieving an email and since its being overnighted, I would need to know a day in advance. And today is day 9 of waiting..

LouS

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my Droid X delivered yesterday (ordered on the 4th) and unfortunately it is defective.

Did it have the broken screen, camera, speaker, or would it keep dropping calls? I've heard these are all (unfortunately) fairly common issues.

Its actually fairly minor. There is a loud annoying buzzing sound that comes from the earpiece when the call volume is turned up. The rest of the phone works great and aside from that issue I'm pretty happy with it.

Well isn't that interesting. Mine has the same problem (received on 8/3). Called CS immediately and they said they would send me a replacement. The replacement finally came today so I will see how the new one is (still at work right now). If this one is the same, not sure what I will do. Probably take it to the store this time and let them get me a new one...

P.S. - I love the phone and other than this small annoyance, it's light years ahead of my POS Storm 1...

iDr0id

Reaction score
Got the same generic response, will ship the 25th be there 27th at the latest.

I CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER WEEK!

A week from tomorrow actually. This is killing me.

Dolvich

Reaction score
Well isn't that interesting. Mine has the same problem (received on 8/3). Called CS immediately and they said they would send me a replacement. The replacement finally came today so I will see how the new one is (still at work right now). If this one is the same, not sure what I will do. Probably take it to the store this time and let them get me a new one...

P.S. - I love the phone and other than this small annoyance, it's light years ahead of my POS Storm 1...

I hope the problem is not endemic to the phone. I doubt I would have even noticed if the phone didn't come defaulted to max volume. Let me know if your new phone has the same problem!