New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

pjg

Reaction score
nothing to do with this forum, myself and 2 other friends have been told by store reps that the droid x is "harder to get than an i-phone" because it is more popular. That was their justification for people having to wait 2 weeks to get one. I'm not an Apple fan, but I don't buy that for a minute. Having paid already, we should at least expect to receive consistent and somewhat accurate answers from customer service.

ch

I completely agree. I don't mind having to wait for the phone but I do mind not getting correct information or not being alerted when the ship date of my phone is changed.

carlhill

Reaction score
I remember reading a quote from a VZW vice president before the DX launch saying that they were confident they had enough stock to meet the demand, etc. Fail.

I remember that statement like it was yesterday.

ch

carlhill

Reaction score
PJG,

I have seen other forums where people who ordered on the 9th, like I did, have already received their phones. There are also ones who ordered on the 10th and 11th who have received shipping notifications. This is not good for my blood pressure...

ch

pjg

Reaction score
Yeah ch, I don't know what to think. Maybe some of those people were just getting defective models replaced? I know there's been a lot of that going around.

If they ordered new phones and already got them, then I don't understand how Verizon could do that. It seems like most of the people who ordered them on the 6th have gotten theirs, but after that it's a mixed bag. Like I mentioned earlier, I was promised mine would arrive by 8/12. I'm guessing it has something to do with distribution and demand. I live in CT not too far from Boston and NYC, so I'm probably screwed. I currently have a barely functioning BB Storm 1, so I can't wait to dump this brick.

KE6ZAP

Reaction score
PJG,

I have seen other forums where people who ordered on the 9th, like I did, have already received their phones. There are also ones who ordered on the 10th and 11th who have received shipping notifications. This is not good for my blood pressure...

ch
I ordered mine on the 8th and still have not received a email or the phone... I'm in California.

klynn

Reaction score
Replacements are not being given any kind of shipping priority. I have a completely useless X with a touchscreen that is half black... ordered a replacement on the 7th and still don't have a tracking number. Funny how my defective one managed to come in 3 days.

pjg

Reaction score
That's not cool klynn. If you were sent a defective phone, you should be at the top of the list.

carlhill

Reaction score
I know, I'm stuck using an env2 that my son had a spare of. I went through 3 Droid Eris, nothing but trouble and the store mgr. gave me a brand new Droid1. After realizing that he gave me an early upgrade in order to do that, I told him I really didn't want to be stuck in a discontinued phone for 2 years, so he let me order the X, he is a superb store manager, the best I've ever had dealings with. I sold the original Droid that same day for $150, so after this rebate comes with the new phone, I'll have less than $50 invested. i just can't stand this prehistoric thing that i'm using right now...

ch

pitchblack86

Reaction score
received my new X at 3pm today. very cute(girl haha) fed ex driver dropped it off and sat with me while i opened it and turned it on. she's sweet :icon_ banana: this thing is awesome. only problems...my damn contacts wont transfer over so its time to manually load them.

carlhill

Reaction score
Your contacts should load automatically once you enter your g-mail account info and let it synch.

ch

ggaabe

Reaction score
Ok guys after having several days with my droid x I have to honestly say don't get it, just get a ****ing dumb phone. After a brief honest talk with verizon they tell me that almost all of the droids on the verizon market have issues (wifi, half of text messages sending fail, defective screens, etc...) he tells me that motorola refuses to acknowledge these because it creates bad publicity, even though all these issues can be fixed by a software update and only fixes the ones they absolutely HAVE to. If I were you I'd cancel the order and tell them you aren't buying a piece of **** until they acknowledge and finish the issues. The customer shouldn't be the one with the raw end of the deal, I will probably send it back in the next few days and won't get another until verizon actually decides to fix their phones. The tech support guy at verizon even jokingly tells me that the droid x is the best phone on the verizon market very much the same way the blackberry storm was when it first came out (for those of you that don't know, almost everyone who had a blackberry storm for more than a few weeks said it was a horrible phone not worth having, and the tech support guy knew this fact too).

/rant

pjg

Reaction score
I have to admit that I'm getting nervous. There are a lot of people having a lot of problems in multiple forums. I'll wait and give it a try, but if this phone stinks, I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with the Storm and keep it. I'll send it right back and wait for someone to fix the issues.

pitchblack86

Reaction score
yup everything loaded backup onto the phone. sweet. i just didnt see my phone contacts cause all my facebook and twitter friends where listed. lot of damn numbers. you have to change group. i changed to google group and bam they are all back. everything is working. wifi, camera, video, email, text, everything. couldnt be happier.

Dolvich

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my Droid X delivered yesterday (ordered on the 4th) and unfortunately it is defective. Now I have wait all over again while they send me a new one.

pjg

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my Droid X delivered yesterday (ordered on the 4th) and unfortunately it is defective.

Did it have the broken screen, camera, speaker, or would it keep dropping calls? I've heard these are all (unfortunately) fairly common issues.