1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by NADA918, Jul 31, 2010.

1. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

Is VZ just trying to create a demand here or what?
  2. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

I doubt it it some sort of a conspiracy at all. Android phones are very popular. The best way to sell more is to have more people using them doing cool things so people will be intrigued. I doubt they would take a risk of people getting impatient and getting something other than their newer devices on purpose. The quicker they can get more out, the more they will sell. This is of course my opinion based on my education background in marketing and business management. I don't sit in on the meetings, but I honestly don't think they would plan false shortages.
  3. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

I know what you mean, but lets look at a few things..

Vz could have released this thing before the bulk of the iphone orders had came in.. That would have been a great marketing plan.. I have no doubt these phones were sitting in a warehouse after it was announced.

People that ordered phones last week that were told Aug 3rd ship date, have already received them.
  4. Syraz

Syraz New Member

What I curious since can't call Verizon until Monday, unless the phone support is open on weekends, is that I plan to call to get my Droid1, replaced since the screen is super loose. I want to upgrade to the X but only had this since well the day the HTC Incredible came out, would I happen to have a chance at that since they are promoting to try get people to upgrade early?
  5. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

You need to stay on topic.. Especially in MY forum..

I would call and ask.. yes they are promoting this phone... Can't hurt to ask!
  6. Syraz

Syraz New Member

had two droid x forums going, went to post this in the one about sending promos for early upgrades. but clicked wrong tab..but going to ask still none the less
  7. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

Ya and let us know.. Im interested to see how far they are going to push it..

And Also yes they should be open tomorrow.. Give them a call
  8. Syraz

Syraz New Member

good to know I will call them when I wake up, I work graveyard, and will let ya know.
  9. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

Verizon is open 7 days a week, 365, yes Christmas too. My wife FINALLY has it off this year!
  10. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

What number do I call to reach them? I've seemed to have found them closed more often that it sounds like I should have..

Or does she work for a techy, emergency type thing?
  11. renthorin

renthorin New Member

I ordered mine yesterday at noon and was told "no later than the 8th"
  12. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

The reps and techs work 8am-11pm on the east coast and I assume 11pm on west coast too. Calling from east coast you will still get an open call center after 11pm. My wife is a tech, but the reps work the same hours. There are always reps, techs, supervisors and operational managers available during business hours.

*611 is the #, they will be open in a couple hours.
  13. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

Ya we know.. Sorry I was not more clear for you.. As of right NOW, the website states that it will be shipped by the 18th.. Quite a jump..

Do not be surprised to see your device sooner.. Which is good, of course.
  14. renthorin

renthorin New Member

Ah...cool :)

No worries. Until the X arrives I have my Lg Dare to use....oh wait....ewww....
  15. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

lol ya big eww..

And to think that the Dare was considered one of the coolest phone avail on VZ is a scary thought..

Well the bright side of that is we are heading in the right direction. That being said, we can only hope this current line of DX and D2 are just the intro to innovation.
  16. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 New Member

I wonder if V is doing the samething I think Dell does. They give you a ship date and in my experience with many orders and friends orders always ship them a few days to a week early. V did this to me on the DX. Said wouldn't ship till Aug. 3rd after I ordered on the Fri. the 23rd. It shipped Mon. and I got it Tues. I was a happy camper. If they do this than you think you got it early and are excited and nothing but good things are said about V instead of them shipping it late and nothing but bad things are thought of V. To me, that's smart business practice.
  17. littlerick

littlerick New Member

wow when did you take over droidforums? i didnt know you owned the entire forum. also when did you become a mod or admin?
  18. HankB

HankB New Member

Perzactly. ;)

The ship date is worst case. If everything goes well at their end, it could ship sooner.

I ordered Sunday July 25, got a ship date of August 3 and it actually shipped July 28. :)icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid :D)

I cannot imagine VZ delaying shipment now to drive demand. It's not unheard of for companies to manufacture shortages on release date to stir the pot, but once something is out, they only risk losing sales. They had not yet met demand on the Incredible when the DX was released, so many people who were ready to pull the trigger in an Incredible probably went with the DX, as did I.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  19. NADA918

NADA918 New Member

Maybe if you had some forum etiquette you would know that posting unrelated information under the topic is the incorrect thing to do.

I created this thread.. excuse me for not calling it a thread rather than a forum. I did not want to start talking about his eligibility when I was trying to create discussion about vz and their ship date..

And also I was not talking to you. Mind your own business.
  20. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

You might want to learn how to talk to people if you plan on staying around here long...
Search tags for this page
allocations for 2014 corvette
at local fedex facilitywindsor locks, ctpackage not due for
can you buy a corvette thru costco

can you still order a new corvette

corvette canada delivery dates

corvette order tracking

corvette order tracking#gsc.tab
how many 2014 corvettes have been ordered
incredible in terms of availability

track 2014 corvette order

track your corvette order