Droid X August 25th?

followthrough89

Reaction score
Ordered the 7th, didn't get an email until we called to see if there were any updates about the order today (we've called pretty much every day, getting the 25th answer each time) and found out both the DX'sbeen shipped and should be here Monday. Finally! 2 days early lol wa hoo

koka

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm new to the forums, but I've been stalking this thread. In response to that guy who said we've just been whining about waiting for our phones, it isn't true. It eases the wait a bit, knowing there are others like us! Just sayin'.

As for me, I ordered my DX on the sixth of August. I call or visit the Verizon store every other day or so, and I always - always! - get the same answer: Ships on the 25th. This last time, the CSR was pretty snarky with me. I asked him, "In theory, I should be getting my shipping notification next week, right?" He promptly told me I wouldn't get anything, and that I'd have to call Fedex for daily to check on if my order shipped. Whatev, I figured I'd get my phone with or without a notification. But it certainly would help to know when to expect it!

I actually asked him about why so many others were getting their phones earlier than those of us who ordered earlier, and he told me he couldn't explain it. I thought it was based on location, but it seems a few Californians have gotten their shipment notifications now, so I'm hoping that means mine is on the way!

Anyway, it's been great reading this thread. You guys have kept me vastly entertained and quite up to date!

stats:
ordered: In store, 8/6
shipping status: processing order

silverfox92

Reaction score
Sup everybody...

I'm new to the forums as well, and this thread is what got me interested...

Ordered mine on August 10th online, haven't heard anything yet about shipping...I've heard actually contacting CS and being only "somewhat" polite gets the job done for some people, so I sent an email to CS a couple hours ago, waitin on a response.

3 Dawg Night

Reaction score
Finally got my shipping notification yesterday!!!

Ordered: August 7 on the phone
Shipped: 11:30am PDT, August 20
Notification: 1:50pm CDT, August 20
Received: not yet

Here's the crazy thing. I've seen posts stating that folks' phones are shipping from Memphis, Dallas, and somewhere in Pennsylvania. I'm in Alabama, and my phone shipped from Ontario, CA. So, it seems that Verizon is not shipping on a geographical basis at all. Whichever shipping facility gets phones in when you get to the top of the list, that's where your phone ships from. That's a good thing, I guess. Now, I get to watch my phone cross the US on the FedEx tracking page.

jwhirl06

Reaction score
A local walmart just had mine sitting around...went in around 7:30AM one day before work, asked if they had one, bam Droid X in my pocket.

Heartless

Reaction score
LalaLa

Ordered: 8/8/10 around 12:30dancedroid pm
Processed:8/8/10 1:52 pm
Shipping info received on 8/20 At 4:15pm
Should get phone on 8/23 :)
Finally!! It's so hard waiting for a phone! dancedroid

Oh & I live in South Cali in LA :)

Last edited:

memnv

Reaction score
I was going to order one to at my Verizon store, but I decided to check next door at walmart and they had 1 and it was cheaper, they only recieved 2 in on the day or release and my buddy got 1 of them 3 days after it came out and I got mine 8 days after release, we got lucky that people didnt think about looking for them at walmart

Droid Scout

Reaction score
:noupstoday01:Ordered mine on the 7th as well, store rep told me it would ship no later than 25th, maybe earlier. Feelin like a kid on Christmas Eve over here!

Update...Decided to call CS on 8/20 because of frustration, Cs said it had shipped on 8/19 and I would have it on 23rd by 7pm. They gave me a tracking number and said they emailed me WHICH THEY DIDN'T as I checked spam folder. As long as I get it on 23rd I'm fine. CS was really nice, which has not been the normal for me.:yahoo:
Wooooohoooo!

fakeyellowlight

Reaction score
Well, it seemed as if everyone that ordered on the 8th and 9th were getting their shipping info so I decided to call Verizon. The CS rep didn't even check my individual order for me. He just said, "When did you order it? Oh, the 9th? Okay. Well, this list says it'll be shipped the 25th." I told him that I appreciated his help but that I wasn't interested in what his script said but simply wanted him to check on my individual order seeing as how other folks had already began receiving theirs. He didn't. He also admitted to me that people on the East coast were getting theirs before people on the West coast and when i told him that that really didn't seem like the "first come,first serve" policy that i was promised, he took his statement back and said they'll ship in the order that they were purchased. Hmm. Anyway, I have 2 questions for everybody.

1.) Ha anybody received an e-mail back from verizon after sending them a message on their website in regards to your order?

2.) To those who were offered HDMI cables and discounts on their monthly charges for this horrible run around, how did you go about that because I haven't had any luck?

memnv

Reaction score
:noupstoday01:Ordered mine on the 7th as well, store rep told me it would ship no later than 25th, maybe earlier. Feelin like a kid on Christmas Eve over here!

Update...Decided to call CS on 8/20 because of frustration, Cs said it had shipped on 8/19 and I would have it on 23rd by 7pm. They gave me a tracking number and said they emailed me WHICH THEY DIDN'T as I checked spam folder. As long as I get it on 23rd I'm fine. CS was really nice, which has not been the normal for me.:yahoo:
Wooooohoooo!
Reason you didnt get it today is UPS will only deliver on sat if you pay for saturday delivery which is like 20 bucks extra

silverfox92

Reaction score

Hmm...I wonder if this is any indication on how the So Cal orders are gonna work...I'm in So Cal as well (the IE), and I ordered mine on the 10th...you got your shipping info 12 days after order and you live an hour away, soooo...maybe I'll get my shipping info today? :D

I've heard that while FedEx won't ship on sundays, the trucks are still driving and I think they still pick up from places like verizon...

mjnub

Reaction score
Hey how do I stop receiving email updates everytime someone posts in this topic? And honestly who cars that you u ordered on the 9th and ur getting it on the 24th really ask your does anyone care when I ordered my phone and when iam getting it

memnv

Reaction score

Hmm...I wonder if this is any indication on how the So Cal orders are gonna work...I'm in So Cal as well (the IE), and I ordered mine on the 10th...you got your shipping info 12 days after order and you live an hour away, soooo...maybe I'll get my shipping info today? :D

I've heard that while FedEx won't ship on sundays, the trucks are still driving and I think they still pick up from places like verizon...
There trucks and planes do still drive on sunday, but I know they wont deliver and I doubt they pick up too, the delivery/pickup drivers do not work sundays. I doubt the Verizon warehouse is open on sunday either, most warehouses are monday-friday

memnv

Reaction score
Hey how do I stop receiving email updates everytime someone posts in this topic? And honestly who cars that you u ordered on the 9th and ur getting it on the 24th really ask your does anyone care when I ordered my phone and when iam getting it
on the bottom of the email is a link to click to stop recieving updates on a thread, click that to stop recieving them