On Order Droid X User

jmill

Reaction score
Well, I decided to jump up to the Smart Phones. Wanted something that does it all, now-a-days (I feel old w/ the new technology..lol).. Placed my order for the Motorola Droid X this past Monday through my local Verizon store. Waiting game until August 25th for my phone!

TechatCost

Reaction score
I'm right with you brother. Ordered at 3:00am the "morning" the 2 came out and felt weird doing it since I could have had a 2 in my hand right now but the X is definitely worth the wait. I'm a first time Android user - I've been playing with my girlfriend's Hero just to get used to the OS. She wants her phone back...

Reaction score
You guys wont be sorry lol..I have the first motom Droid and love it..but I too took the plunge and.ordered the x..I can't wait for it to get here!

OP
J

jmill

Reaction score
I see the new D2 is released (today I believe). While I have a couple weeks before my phone ships out. What are your guys impressions of that phone compared to the D2? I may stop in and take a look and compare. Both seem to be the same price through the Verizon store. Easy swap if I want to switch.

TechatCost

Reaction score
Can't wait. I've been looking for a website that lets me browse the full apps marketplace but I can only find android.com/market which lists the "Top X Products".

Anyone have a suggestion of a good place to just browse? Thanks much.

TechatCost

Reaction score
I see the new D2 is released (today I believe). While I have a couple weeks before my phone ships out. What are your guys impressions of that phone compared to the D2? I may stop in and take a look and compare. Both seem to be the same price through the Verizon store. Easy swap if I want to switch.

It took me a long time to decide. I guess what did it for me was the fact that I don't have a cable TV subscription so the HDMI output is nice for watching some app-driven TV along with my previous experience with a slide out keyboard (I had the HTC XV6700). It wore down quickly and when I got a little dirt in it, the slider got...well...you know. I'm not saying the D2 would be like that; in fact I think it is super quality but I didn't want to take the chance and the screen/higher storage cap./HDMI did it for me.

What were your guys' reasoning?

Reaction score
I was actually gonna get the incredible at first,,took me a few weeks to decide on the x..at first I didn't want it cause of the locked bootloader and was thinkin about the droid 2..but at the same time I have the first moto droid and never really use the phsyical keyboard all that much. Sometimes it slides part way open in my pocket and well it gets annoying..so I'd have to say no physical keyboard and the huge screen did it for me. The HDMI port is also a plus even tho I'd prolly never use it other than to show off haha

OP
J

jmill

Reaction score
I stopped by the Verizon store earlier today, and decided to cancel my DX and go w/ the D2.. They had some in stock (D2) and walked out w/ a new phone!

Reaction score
I stopped by the Verizon store earlier today, and decided to cancel my DX and go w/ the D2.. They had some in stock (D2) and walked out w/ a new phone!

Sweet deal! Im actually gonna go check out the d2 tomorrow..who knows maybe ill jump ship and get it too lol..I hate waiting! And the wifely would get my d1 right away which she is dying for lol