NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

66dude

Reaction score
No 6AM announcement on the TB. Just more Apple love on the main site :( The delay has Apple's stink all over it. There just isn't any other reason for the delay. The phone is fine, the network is fine, probably need an OTA update or two shortly after activation, and it's ready to roll!

leehblanc

Reaction score
If our sources are on the up and up (no offense to anyone... this is the internet, and a great man once said "Everybody Lies") and THEIR sources are on the up and up, then VZW is dragging their heels here. They are letting HTC advertise the phone, just like they let Best Buy do it before them.

Let's assume that we're playing that old "telephone" game here... BMX, Miami, HookBill, Sentrix... they are all relaying information. Let's also assume that just a LITTLE gets lost in translation. Add in other people from other sites, and we have 2/24 as the date this phone was ready to go, even assuming that some things were lost in translation. They were apparently sitting on US soil at that point, just waiting to be distributed.

If that's the case, and I think it's more than plausible, given the amount of tips we've gotten from historically reliable sources... then Verizon looks VERY bad here. Whether they are trying to clear more inventory with the sale they had or they are wringing their hands over the iPad 2, this all reeks of a "seat of the pants" management style that seems to have trouble seeing past the current day. I've said before that VZW apparently has no plan here, and I've been flamed. The more we hear, the more that seems to be the case.

In the process, they have some of us questioning the legitimacy of people we have come to trust for information.
VZW is either incredibly stupid, or incredibly clever. Take your pick...

Standard disclaimer: We are all well aware that Verizon never said anything other than "Q1" No need to remind us. While that's entirely true, it doesn't mean that things haven't gone on behind the scenes. As many of the same people state... Verizon isn't going to tell us EVERYTHING.

motty69

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of truth in that. Sounds like Verizon's got too many irons in the fire and is doing a very poor job of keeping all the balls in the air. ;)

I can understand HTC being pissed to get their new hot device shoved aside so VZW can clear out their old stock and sell more fruit.

Sent from my Eris

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there's a lot of truth in that. Sounds like Verizon's got too many irons in the fire and is doing a very poor job of keeping all the balls in the air. ;)

I can understand HTC being pissed to get their new hot device shoved aside so VZW can clear out their old stock and sell more fruit.

Sent from my Eris

Agree Motty but hey you got an update yesterady for your Eris right? :) Was surprising but hey good to see the Eris still getting support..

On topic.. correct me if I am wrong but the Droid sale is over now right? Does it go through weekend? I know it was said yesterday one theory was when it ended we might get an announcement? Guess we will see. Personally I feel that others have not been wrong with their information, but at this point upper Verizon has changed their minds and are stringing along the others.. if the Droid sale is over hopefully we will hear something today.. it is early obviously, so happy Friday and lets hope. dancedroid

wedge40

Reaction score
It would serve Verizon right if HTC took the TB and went to Sprint or AT&T with it. Renamed the phone and put out there. That is if the phone truely was ready on Feb 24. Me being the cynical person that I am, wouldn't be surprised if Apple put some sort sales requirement on VZW before another phone could be released. Is this not first phone since VZW started to sell iPhones?

I guess it's another day of hurry up and wait.

StinkyPete

Reaction score
Need to send some good vibes down to Basking Ridge, NJ today... 7:40am on the East Coast and still at "Strikes Soon" on the web site...

Does a Friday announcement date make sense with a Monday pre-order date? Or would it be better to announce on a Monday with a Tuesday pre-order date? Release on 03/10 in both cases.

My thinking here is that things get lost in the news on Fridays with the weekend on the horizon...

Jokerz

Reaction score
Good Morning! Ready for another day of dashed dreams and colossal let downs?

Only if your life revolves around a phone....

I'm sure everyone gets a little ticked because this phone still hasn't released, but I don't think anyone on this thread actually revolves their life around this phone. I do think that some people revolve their life around this forum though.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Good Morning! Ready for another day of dashed dreams and colossal let downs?

Revolve? No.
Want the constant flow of misinformation to cease and for it to finally be released? Yes.

It's all rumors and guesses at this point. No one here works for VZW.

And read the whole thread, some do act like their life revolves around the device. It will launch when it launches....

Bigdaddy1207

Reaction score
So sentrix, are we still going to see this big announcement today, so far 6am hasn't happened, so we will see the rest of he day. Doesn't look good though. Guess your guy doesn't know much of anything.

Jokerz

Reaction score
Revolve? No.
Want the constant flow of misinformation to cease and for it to finally be released? Yes.

And read the whole thread, some do act like their life revolves around the device. It will launch when it launches....

If I went back and read the whole thread, then it would look like my life revolved around this phone lol.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Revolve? No.

Your right,...some do. Even me I suspect to a point. But when told the release date is 100% happening, and it doesnt, its just another build up to be let down.

Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.