NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jogo21

Reaction score
HTC vs VZW. Drama makes sense since I've just seen HTC commercials promoting TB. Nothing from VZW. They're looking as the good guys in all this mess. Too bad we can't buy directly from them or can we?

Reaction score
i think an announcement will be made when we're all sleeping so we see it when we get up in the morning or sometime tomorrow. i think the phone will be available on the 10th with pre-orders possibly starting on monday. if for some reason verizon holds back the release again it'll be the week after that. i don't see the phone being out later than the 17th.

should be exciting for everyone when the announcement is made. my next trip to verizon is for a bluetooth, not the thunderbolt. i'm too attached to the incredible to give it up now :)

g'night everyone

wedge40

Reaction score
I'm trying to use a little logic here. I know at midnight it's not a smart thing.
I'm guessing that the phone is NOT being released because of some sort of problem. Could be battery life, could be hand off issues, what ever. You would think of all people HTC would want the phone to be perfect and not release it till it was. They are the ones who will get a bad name, not Verizon if the thing doesn't work. If I get a phone that reboots or has bad uptime or other issues I dont blame ATT or Verizon or whom ever.. I blame the manufacture, Motorola, HTC, Apple etc. And as such I avoid that manufacture in the future, especially when dealing with bleeding edge technology.
Like everyone else I'm hoping for the 10th, but I will give the TB till the 31st of March for release. After that I'll be looking for something else. I might even be swayed to stick with ATT and get an Atrix.

Reaction score
If pre-sales start online on Verizon's website tomorrow, Monday, or Tuesday, I might just do that instead of my Best Buy pre-order (use $50 giftcard on something else or get refund). Free overnight shipping from VZW, so there's a possibility of getting it a day before it comes out in stores!

BoostedDroid

Reaction score
If pre-sales start online on Verizon's website tomorrow, Monday, or Tuesday, I might just do that instead of my Best Buy pre-order (use $50 giftcard on something else or get refund). Free overnight shipping from VZW, so there's a possibility of getting it a day before it comes out in stores!

My Upgrade date is the 14th, but i plan on preordering so i get it set in stone that i get one when it releases.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score

Will BestBuy refund the gift cards? I dunno, I also have $30 in rewardzone point dollar things to use.... I don't know if it's worth it getting it a day early to spend more money.

champaned_out

Reaction score
i assume when and if this phone goes on presale... will we know what the 4g pricing will be?
ill order this phone ASAP when it goes on presale.. BUT not if i dont know what the data pricing will be... also if the 4g pricing does happen to stay @ 29.99 unlimited and i lock this phone down for 2 years... will i keep that price for two years? or is it possible verizon will switch me to a tiered price when they switch their plans this summer?

BoostedDroid

Reaction score
i assume when and if this phone goes on presale... will we know what the 4g pricing will be?
ill order this phone ASAP when it goes on presale.. BUT not if i dont know what the data pricing will be... also if the 4g pricing does happen to stay @ 29.99 unlimited and i lock this phone down for 2 years... will i keep that price for two years? or is it possible verizon will switch me to a tiered price when they switch their plans this summer?

Once your locked in, your locked in. They can't change your price unless you upgrade come summer or change your plan.

Reaction score
I knew he had something to do with this...

Attachments

• TBOLT SHEEN_crop.jpg
    TBOLT SHEEN_crop.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 375

swamp

Reaction score
We are users just like every one else. Until vzw puts it out in print and announces it officially every thing is speculation. Hook provided the info he had to try and provide a basic idea when it may be released. I think people need to calm down. It will be released when its released. Life goes on after the TB htc will have a dual core evo like device after that so just lets not get all bend out of shape over a phone.

I'm giving it my best shot. You know I'm not even interested in this phone but I've been trying to get as much information as I can to keep peace in this thread. I can take a shot, it's OK, no harm no foul as far as I'm concerned.
I'm probably the most disappointed person here and I don't even want the phone.

I appreciate any effort to share information, from the guy who goes down to his local BB and asks them what they think, to the guy with true insider information. It is the over self assured posts that drive me nuts. Like cereal killer said, he hates the use of "my source...". Folks should simply know better than to say anything with "certainty" or "100%" at this point. That is the only reason I called out hook. We were all disappointed that there was no announcement today and we will wait together in unison to share the excitement of the announcement also in unison. That is what makes these threads frustrating but also fun and valuable. Cheers.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Once your locked in, your locked in. They can't change your price unless you upgrade come summer or change your plan.
From that point forward, I would just pay full price for the phones.

droiddon817

Reaction score
Just saw Thunderbolt commercial on ESPN my belief is up

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.