New User and in Phone Limbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
Hello-

I am a new user and I am so thankful to the kind people who have responded to the questions I have posted. I have a dilemma and I have spent about three days trying to sort things out but I still have not had success.

I own a Droid 2 which was running great on Froyo until the Gingerbread OTA update. I live in a rural area where I cannot get high speed internet and satellite is too expensive so I use Wireless Tether to get my internet. After the GB update, my phone was no longer rooted so I was unable to use Wireless Tether. I tried the Once Click D3 Root Method and it did not work. Someone told me I would have to do an SBF Recovery to flash back to Froyo. So, I downloaded RSD Lite and the SBF file and successfully flashed my phone (RSD Lite said PASS). The next step, I read was to hold X and power on to get Andy the Android and a ! on the screen. Did that... Then, I pressed the magnifying glass (like I read) and nothing happened. I was stuck there for a while until I read somewhere else to use my volume keys. I was able to clear my memory and cache using the volume and Enter keys and then I rebooted. After reboot, the Motorola M was stuck on my screen. I tried running through the whole process again with no luck. So now, I can either have the Android screen or the M screen. I don't know what to do!

I thought I would just get a new phone and use my upgrade, but after doing extensive research, it seems that both the Bionic and Droid 3 (the phones I was looking at getting) have issues with Wireless Tether. I am feeling very overwhelmed with how much info there is out there and I have also spent soooo much time on this that my 1 year old and 3 year old have been on their own a lot. :-(

If anyone can help me get my Droid 2 back up and running, I would be every indebted... I am currently using my old HTC Touch Pro2 to tether wirelessly without any problems. If the phone itself didn't have so many issues like a finicky screen, I would just stick with this and be done with it... BUT, I really would like my D2 back or advice on which phone to get so I can use Wireless Tether or some other form of tether without any issues.

Thanks so much in advance!
Jeni

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off welcome to the community and we're glad to have you with us. I am still running Froyo and probably one of few who still are haha but I'll PM on a solution i think i may have. Hopefully we will get you back up and running but if anyone has any idea that you can post here please go ahead. Very friendly place here so if you do have any other questions go right ahead and ask. Dive on in and enjoy the community. -james

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna try my best and the Princess is also a very knowledgeable/helpful member here. She def knows her way around the D2/D2G. Great people within the community from all reaches of the world

Sent from my Liberated D2

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Or you could just stop stealing and pay for tethering... You already said that you don't pay for high speed internet at home, so the small extra fee shouldn't be a problem.

OP
H

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. James should be able to help u out, he better ;) we should be able to get u back up and running. there is a way to get tether going again, a link to Droid Life and Rootzwiki should help. im also running 2.2 still on D2G but my DX got the OTA and i havent attempted to root the DX yet

How to: Root the DROID2, DROIDX2, DROIDX, and DROID3 Running Gingerbread - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Thank you! Unfortunately now, it is not rooting that is the problem. Now the problem is I am stuck in a mode of SBFing. I have two options, be stuck on the M screen or be stuck on the Android & ! screen. I cleared memory, cache, rebooted from that screen and then I am stuck on the M screen. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I would LOVE to go back to 2.2. That is what I was trying to do when I was SBFing my phone, but the problem is I have no idea what I am doing so I have spent DAYS trying to sort this out...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or you could just stop stealing and pay for tethering... You already said that you don't pay for high speed internet at home, so the small extra fee shouldn't be a problem.

Lets try to keep on topic here. If you aren't going to help, please don't comment.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Say what you want to justify it, but stealing is stealing... Honest people do without when they can't afford something.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Lets try to keep on topic here. If you aren't going to help, please don't comment.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

Last I checked, this site doesn't support illegal activity, such as discussion of full versions of apps that aren't paid for etc. This is exactly the same. Theft.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I've asked the Admin to clarify the site's policy on helping users steal services, since it does not condone stealing software.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
As I said, you DO NOT condone stealing software, yet you DO condone helping users steal service, based on moderator comments in this thread. This is what I have asked the Admin to clarify.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok well let's try to drop all the problems and get along to help a memebr get unstuck from the SBF process.

As for the OP what SBF file do you have? Correct one for the device?

Sent from my Liberated D2

Status
Not open for further replies.