New Update for LauncherPro now Available

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
launcherpro-icon.png

Today there is a new update to the all so popular home screen replacement app "LauncherPro". The new version is 0.8.2. It looks like the developer has added a couple of new features. One of them is called "virtual looping". It allows you to have the option to swipe back to your original home screen whenever you swipe past your first or last home screen. The other new feature creates a new gesture that allows you to bring up your four most recent apps.

New “Virtual looping” on homescreens! A ton of people requested loop scrolling on homescreens. The problem is that would be incompatible with Live Wallapers, and it would make most static wallpapers look weird. So instead I decided to use a different approach. When you try to scroll past the last homescreen, LauncherPro will quickly bounce back to the first. Conversely, if you try to scroll before the first screen, it will bounce you forward to the last screen. This effectively gives you loop scrolling (you can scroll indefinitely in any direction) without incompatibility issues or nasty visual side effects. (Enable in Preferences > Homescreen Settings)
For Plus users only:

New dock popup: Recent Apps. Will show you a list of your most recently used apps/tasks, so that you can quickly switch between then.

screnshot_recentappspopup-180x300.jpg

New “Clear cache” option for Twitter and Facebook widgets. In order to reduce disk usage and startup time, you should periodically clear the caches which will remove all stored data (tweets, posts, user photos, etc) from LauncherPro. For the Friends widget, you should clear both caches. (Preferences > LP Widget Settings > Twitter widget/Facebook widget)

It makes you wonder why the original Android UI developers didn't think of this stuff...

by dgstorm

termite

Reaction score
Cool, First

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dispatch1054

Reaction score
I went from LauncherPro originally, to ADW for a long time, and now I'm back to LauncherPro haha. Thanks for the update!

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Cool, the scrolling works well on my D1 with CM6.1. I did find that it helps my little pea brain register what screen I am on with the elastic feature turned off. Now I need to see how this reacts with a higher oc kernel. At 800, it looks pretty decent. Thanks for the headsup as to the changes.

Craig

Orakle

Reaction score
is the the new dock popup for recent apps in the free version, or is it only for the Paid version??

Tio Gardi

Reaction score
Only for the paid version. You get to it by going to your dock, long press and change shortcut(or swipe gesture like I did). Hit show popup, then recent apps.

Orakle

Reaction score
Only for the paid version. You get to it by going to your dock, long press and change shortcut(or swipe gesture like I did). Hit show popup, then recent apps.

What other benefits come with the paid version.???

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
This app is great! I need to go ahead and just fork over the $3 for the full version. So worth it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

What other benefits come with the paid version.???

Widgets (People, Calendar, Social, etc), resizing of any widget...just to name a couple...the donation is worth it to support the Dev...

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Amazing app, I highly endorse Launcher Pro Plus! It's been on my X since the beginning and just gets better and better. Now if they would implement the ability to download and apply skins like Beautiful Widgets...that'd be the bomb.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
The new "virtual looping" feature is pretty damn cool too. That should've been a feature from the beginning!

captclueless

Reaction score
Yeah, this app is SO much better then the stock one. The stock one is so damn slow anymore. I have home switcher for froyo and I NEVER go back to the stock one. Good job federico!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have missed the Virtual Looping from the Helix Days - glad to see this finally incorporated