LauncherPro Update Brings Great New Features and Fixes

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Play a jam!

Sorry about the above post... didnt mean to hit submit lol.

But yeah, this new rewrite has been a long time coming. I switched to GO Launcher EX and never looked back. LP is too laggy, FC's, and redraws WAY too much for me.

Play a jam!

I purchased Launcher Pro but didn't like some of the contact features. They didn't play well on the DX. I even submitted something to the LP forums, but got no help. :unsure:

I switched to the GO Launcher EX and it is MUCH better. I like the different backgrounds and I can resize my contact in the Contact Direct Task widget, which I couldn't do with LP Pro.

I'll save and back up my version of LP Pro in case I ever decide to use it, but I like GO Launcher a lot better.

reefsrt4

Reaction score
Play a jam!

Sorry about the above post... didnt mean to hit submit lol.

But yeah, this new rewrite has been a long time coming. I switched to GO Launcher EX and never looked back. LP is too laggy, FC's, and redraws WAY too much for me.

I did the exact same thing, for the same reasons. But, since I already paid for LP Plus, I'm still looking forward to seeing the rewrite. Until then, it Go Launcher EX for me.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
For those of you who also switched, please keep me updated, as I'm curious to see how the rewrite comes out and how well each of you like it. I never bought the plus version, but I will be interested to hear if it's any better!

Play a jam!

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I have been using LP Plus for about 6 months. Upgraded to new version a couple of days ago. Works fine, but I am noticing it is causing a tremedous drain on my battery.

For example, I fully charged my phone this morning and have not used it all day. Just got the alarm (10 hours later) that down to 15%. I checked battery usage and LP was 34%. Display was only 17%. I have never previously seen anything close to those numbers for LP. This is 3rd day in row I am seeing this now.

Anybody else having this issue?

oatmealboy

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. Using LauncherPro 0.8.4.1, Project Elite 4.2 Froyo ROM, RZ Low-Voltage kernel clocked to 800mhz. 20 hours after fully charging the battery, I'm now down to 15%, with very light usage.

I have been using LP Plus for about 6 months. Upgraded to new version a couple of days ago. Works fine, but I am noticing it is causing a tremedous drain on my battery.

For example, I fully charged my phone this morning and have not used it all day. Just got the alarm (10 hours later) that down to 15%. I checked battery usage and LP was 34%. Display was only 17%. I have never previously seen anything close to those numbers for LP. This is 3rd day in row I am seeing this now.

kiwiguy

Reaction score

Upgraded to 0.8.4.1 last night as well as logged onto Facebook and removed LP's permissions to access my FB account (as was not making use of the LP FB widget).

One of those 2 actions fixed the problem. LP back to using insignificant battery usage!!

wil318466

Reaction score
I used Launcher Pro, purchased it, then got sick of waiting for updates. I now use Go Launcher and couldn't be happier.

Until something very significant happens, I'm sticking with Go Launcher.

biglipps66

Reaction score
Ok I thought I was the only crazy one with the batt usage. Mine took a nose diver after that update and I even rock the D2 extended batt. I did notice LP widgets were set to sync every 15mins for fb and twitter.. I dont use them so I changed them to manually. Ill see what that does today.

Havent heard of this go launcher though, I think Ill give that a try and see what its all about too

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love me some Launcher Pro.....I am currently using that SPB 3D Shell and let me tell you it is amazing....but so is the price.

biglipps66

Reaction score
Tried Go Launcher.. I like.. Ill stick with it for a hot second and see how it treats me :D

sevenwords

Reaction score
The free version came with LGB, which I am currently running. Can I install over it from the market to get the updates though? It's not even showing up in my apps list.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums