LauncherPro Update Brings Great New Features and Fixes

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-launcherpro.png

Our friends over at Droid-Life.com let everyone in the community know about the new LauncherPro (Plus) update that was just released. It has some great new features and fixes. It's now version 0.8.4 and is on the Android Market. Supposedly, the developer, Federico Carnales, has a complete rewrite in the works. Also, because of updated T&Cs for the Android market, Mr. Carnales will not be able to sell LauncherPro Plus through Paypal anymore. It will be available through the Android Market, and he will continue to push out updates to current users. Here the new details:
  • New Gmail widget for Plus users!
  • New “Flip” and “Rotate 2″ homescreen transition effects. The old “Flip” transition is now called “Flip 2″.
  • Facebook login is now done through the official Facebook app (where available).
  • Updated the Twitter widget code to fix some issues
Some of this new stuff is pretty slick, so try it out and let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

techRob

Reaction score
I'm just curious how the "no more paypal for plus" will effect those of us who already purchased it that way. :popcorn: I like the idea of have the "plus" version associated with the market, that way I don't have to constantly insert the key to get the extra features working (if i have to wipe my phone for whatever reason)...

rmcomer

Reaction score
If you do a backup, the key backs up too so you don't have to reenter it. If you switch phones, just move the lp backup folder and restore. That's what I did going from DX to Tbolt.

techRob

Reaction score
If you do a backup, the key backs up too so you don't have to reenter it. If you switch phones, just move the lp backup folder and restore. That's what I did going from DX to Tbolt.

back when i *was* rooted, i tried using Titanium backup to no avail...so I gave up. For some reason I never noticed LP had a backup option before (i don't know how) ... Thank You :)

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Play a jam!

Sorry about the above post... didnt mean to hit submit lol.

But yeah, this new rewrite has been a long time coming. I switched to GO Launcher EX and never looked back. LP is too laggy, FC's, and redraws WAY too much for me.

Play a jam!

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I'm digging the new screen transitions! Fortunately, I haven't had any issues with excessive redraws or force closes, and I've been using LP for nearly 5 months.

REMilk

Reaction score
FC's Eliminated for Me with This Version (0.8.4)

I have been using Launcher Pro for many months. I liked it so much that I purchased a license. With the last version (0/8/3) I had so many forced closes (FCs) that I stopped using it and switched to Go Launcher and Colorized Widgets to have similar functionality.

Last night I downloaded and installed version 0.8.4. The FC's seemed to have stop and the snappiness seems to have returned. I have uninstalled both Go Launcher and Colorized Widget.

I am looking forward to the rewrite too.

JohnAP2

Reaction score
I have used LauncherPro since it's release and have been quite pleased. It's amazing to me how many people have expected him to update the product every few weeks and then rip him apart on the market reviews when he didn't - despite the fact it worked perfectly fine.