New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
They lady I talked to said it was if you upgrade your feature phone to a smartphone. She said I am eligible for an upgrade the day after christmas and if I get a new phone and transfer my old one to my seconday line, that would count and I could get the discount then. She didn't know how long it was going to last and it took her quite a while to find any information about it.

I am in Iowa.

Beka27

Reaction score
Called back. The woman found a promotion that would raise my plan from the 700 minute plan ($99) to the 1400 ($119) minute plan and I would get a $20 credit on my bill, therefore not raising (or reducing) my monthly payment. She looked for quite awhile and that was the best she could find. It takes effect for my next billing cycle.

scarabshell

Reaction score
Yea they told me it only qualifies for new York, Texas, and southern Cali...wtf?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Beka27

Reaction score
LOL! They're going to wonder why there are like 2000 people calling them suddenly this morning...

So SCARABSHELL, they admitted that this exists but just not for everyone?

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just did this and I have 5 total lines and only 3 have unlimited text and data. It only works if all your lines have unlimited text and data.

So I was paying $90 for 3 phones with the unlimited text and data plan now I'm paying $50 and all 5 lines to have the unlimited text and data plan.

Very nice find OP!!!!!!

I live in Florida and it worked for me!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

v941726

Reaction score
i dont think this works if u have unlimited everything cause i tried and tried with them and they say noooooo

i already did have unlimited everything except minutes. i have 1400. remember they are vzw reps. you have to tell them its there and dont take no for an answer. sometimes you have to call back and get a non-lazy rep too

Beka27

Reaction score
^BP328i... Can you give your state or at least confirm if you're in either NY, TX, or CA? What did you ask for specifically?

v941726

Reaction score
I just did this and I have 5 total lines and only 3 have unlimited text and data. It only works if all your lines have unlimited text and data.

So I was paying $90 for 3 phones with the unlimited text and data plan now I'm paying $50 and all 5 lines to have the unlimited text and data plan.

Very nice find OP!!!!!!

great! maybe that was the small catch to it. all my lines had unlimited text and data already

burbon

Reaction score
worked for me

I just called and i got the promotion. The customer service rep did not know what i was talking about at first but when she double checked she offered it to me and transferred me to another dept.

There is a catch... You have to extend your contract for an additional year and the data plan has to activated on all the lines.

I have 4 lines 2 of them have the data plan, i was paying a total of $80.
Now i have data plan on all lines (even on the phones that aren't smart phones) and my total is now $40.

She said when the other phones are eligible for upgrade they can get a smart phone and the data plan will be there.

The additional year contract does not effect upgrades.

She also said that they are not offering this to everyone, only customers that have been with them for a long time or if you are upgrading or if you multiple lines with smart phones.

v941726

Reaction score
I just called and i got the promotion. The customer service rep did not know what i was talking about at first but when she double checked she offered it to me and transferred me to another dept.

There is a catch... You have to extend your contract for an additional year and the data plan has to activated on all the lines.

I have 4 lines 2 of them have the data plan, i was paying a total of $80.
Now i have data plan on all lines (even on the phones that aren't smart phones) and my total is now $40.

She said when the other phones are eligible for upgrade they can get a smart phone and the data plan will be there.

The additional year contract does not effect upgrades.

She also said that they are not offering this to everyone, only customers that have been with them for a long time or if you are upgrading or if you multiple lines with smart phones.

good. you got the details at least. mine was easy cuz i met all of the above a long time ago. but you were able to change yours and still save money. now go to best buy and get a free smartphone

the additional year didnt affect me at all cuz i just upgraded all 4 lines this past summer

Status
Not open for further replies.