New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I believe he is referring to the $10 additional line charge, and the $30 additional data charge.

2. DroidCoug

DroidCoug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So she gave him the first phone at $20 and then $40 additional for any more phones added.

3. RoNYC

RoNYC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried again today and the rep did acknowledge the promo existed but it expired on 1/31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    That's been said for a while now.

5. RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wow what a hassel. got this plan a month back or so and they jacked my billing all up. then when you call in no one knows what the heck you're talkin about cuz it was a special department promotion. haha great stuff...

6. mchoffa

mchoffa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    right, the flyer said additional lines $20, which is what I did get since she told me wrong when I called Feb 3 to get the new line... on that call, she said that when she asked, I could get the $20 additional line still, but then after i activated, she called me, and said the request was denied and that I would have to pay $40... I immediately said I needed to talk to someone higher up to get it fixed, and that's when she finally came back and got it taken care of for the line i had just activated, but made it clear that I couldnt add any other lines at the promotion rate because it was over...

the deal is, you could only get the $20 additional lines during the promotion time... now that the promotion has ended, if you add a line, it will be $9.99 for the line, 29.99 for data...

It's kinda stupid, and I think now that they have LTE coming out, they should make this promotion standard for 3G lines... then pay extra for 4G... it would give them a definite advantage over other companies that's for sure.

7. mchoffa

mchoffa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ha, so I just got another call and they said "unfortunately we cannot apply the promotion to your account and it will be $9.99 + 29.99 for that new line"

Obviously I was not a very happy customer, and after 15 minutes of telling him how I felt, he said he would try to push it into executive escalation to get it through but couldn't guarantee anything... looks like I am probably going to be an AT&T customer after december if they don't make this happen... seriously Verizon... how hard is it to make an exception after you're told twice that it's taken care of?!?!?!

I will update everyone on what happens, but anyone that wants to add a line that has this promo, be prepared to pay $9.99 for the line, $29.99 for the data, even though the flyer said $19.99 for additional lines and said nothing about having to add the lines during the promo period...

8. billjohnson

billjohnson Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for posting this bud. This is a very interesting saga.....

9. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This is really odd. I think most of us were told that this promo is always going to be valid for add'l lines as long as you keep it going.

(from Beka's DX)

10. cameronnn.

cameronnn. New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well, that's better than the hundred-something i'm paying now, i suppose.

11. RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a load of crap man... and to anyone else having any problems with billing, make sure you call the number that was provided with the initial promotion because a regular customer rep has absolutey no clue whatsoever about this plan. One told me the other day she was gonna have to check it out on her next workday and was all excited about it! Lol

Sent from my ADR6300

12. bovineyard

bovineyard New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to add another line to this plan, and it was a no. I even called twice, the number on the ad promo, and didn't work either time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

877-873-3278

877-628-8922

877 628 8922
nationwide talk and text 700
nationwide talk fs 700
new unlimited plan from big red
smartphone secondary credit
talk & text plus data $20 disc
talk&text&data $9.99 disc-12mo