New to UD, question ??

loco

Reaction score
im new to UD. ive tried a few of the latest roms out there and decided to give UD a try because i have heard such good things about it.

i just installed it last night, so my observation could be premature. but i seem to get betting less signal strength. is it me or does anyone else see this issue with UD ?

also, im having trouble adjusting my eyes to the black keyboard with red predictions. is there a way for me to change the colors on the keyboard ?

Last edited:

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
As far as the signal strength is concerned, what baseband are you using? I haven't noticed any difference between ROMs and I have also used a couple different basebands as well. Verizon has been solid so far.

As for the color scheme, there are numerous themes for this ROM that I'm sure you can find one that is aesthetically pleasing to you. Personally, I love using RedmanX's Urban Theme http://www.theultimatedroid.com/forum/index.php?/forum/19-redmanx/

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. im on baseband c.01.43.01p

is there a new one ??

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
You have the newest one. I remember reading about someone who flashed one of the earlier basebands and had more luck with the older one. You could try that to see if you notice any difference.

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
great thanks for the info. im coming to UD from miui and bb. bb is great but i dont like the launcher and am sick of launcherpro's quirks. miui is my absolute favorite, but i have left miui because of little bugs and constant reboots.

now, i have flashed back and forth between ud and bb 2 times this morning. im sitting in my office, and have the phone plugged into the charger. when on the bb rom, im getting 1g with 2 bars. when on ud im getting no service......

this is baffeling me......

ballmore

Reaction score
As far as the keyboard goes..... If you don't want to load a whole theme but you still want to change the keyboard some of the themers offer the keyboard as a seperate update.zip You should be able to find something that is more pleasing to your eyes. Check the themes that are made by Adroid, MBK, and Xkape.

Below is a keyboard made for Adroid's theme by MBK. It's really slick and 100 times better than the stock keyboard.

AdroidKybrdGrayscale9Patched.zip