New to the forum (not the phone)

knagy389us

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my Droid2 since last June, I believe. Got a killer deal at wirefly (I think) 50 bux, I''ll pay that ;)

Since then have downloaded many apps, not a game person, more utilities I guess. Also rooted about a month ago and totally enjoying the tethering. Sat in a parking lot with my laptop, surfing while connected to the Droid. GPS nav. saved me a bunch of times. Just got a Seidio case, which is also top notch.

I stream music and podcasts all day in work (since we're blocked here at a military base) I have a Ford, and the Droid works very well with the Sync system, it even reads my incoming texts to me while driving.

Still exploring new apps, but generally having a GREAT time with this phone. No real problems or quirks to speak of.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my Droid2 since last June, I believe. Got a killer deal at wirefly (I think) 50 bux, I''ll pay that ;)

Since then have downloaded many apps, not a game person, more utilities I guess. Also rooted about a month ago and totally enjoying the tethering. Sat in a parking lot with my laptop, surfing while connected to the Droid. GPS nav. saved me a bunch of times. Just got a Seidio case, which is also top notch.

I stream music and podcasts all day in work (since we're blocked here at a military base) I have a Ford, and the Droid works very well with the Sync system, it even reads my incoming texts to me while driving.

Still exploring new apps, but generally having a GREAT time with this phone. No real problems or quirks to speak of.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. IIRC the D2 came out in August. But that doesn't matter, glad to have you here. How'd you get one for 50.00 so early?

OP
K

knagy389us

Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. IIRC the D2 came out in August. But that doesn't matter, glad to have you here. How'd you get one for 50.00 so early?

Hmm, well I guess it was maybe Sept??? Not sure now. My Verizon account says I'm eligible for an upgrade on 6/2012, whatever that means.

Through my company I have some benefit called Working Advantage. They send emails about discounts for movie tix, Omaha steaks, phones...etc, never paid much attention. One deal was the Droid2, was actually 40 bux and 10 shipping, so I jumped on it since I hated my Dare.