1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to the forum (not the phone)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by knagy389us, Mar 18, 2011.

1. knagy389us

knagy389us New Member

Hi all,

Had my Droid2 since last June, I believe. Got a killer deal at wirefly (I think) 50 bux, I''ll pay that ;)

Since then have downloaded many apps, not a game person, more utilities I guess. Also rooted about a month ago and totally enjoying the tethering. Sat in a parking lot with my laptop, surfing while connected to the Droid. GPS nav. saved me a bunch of times. Just got a Seidio case, which is also top notch.

I stream music and podcasts all day in work (since we're blocked here at a military base) I have a Ford, and the Droid works very well with the Sync system, it even reads my incoming texts to me while driving.

Still exploring new apps, but generally having a GREAT time with this phone. No real problems or quirks to speak of.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. IIRC the D2 came out in August. But that doesn't matter, glad to have you here. How'd you get one for 50.00 so early?
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us.
  4. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum.

Swyped from a Droid
  5. knagy389us

knagy389us New Member

Hmm, well I guess it was maybe Sept??? Not sure now. My Verizon account says I'm eligible for an upgrade on 6/2012, whatever that means.

Through my company I have some benefit called Working Advantage. They send emails about discounts for movie tix, Omaha steaks, phones...etc, never paid much attention. One deal was the Droid2, was actually 40 bux and 10 shipping, so I jumped on it since I hated my Dare.
  6. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum!

Survived another tsunami...Aloha from Hawaii!!