New to rezound. battery & heat???

Vicious1

Reaction score
Well, just switched to rezound from bionic due to data drop issues, and have a few questions.

1 - I have the extended battery, and on its first day, it doesn't seem to last long. 10 hours so far and down to 23%.. I have display at about the 25% brightness, cpu on Normal, and Juice Defender pro. Will this get better? If not, I couldn't imagine using stock battery.

2- is it me or does this thing run super hot? I'm talking 15-20 degrees hotter than my bionic ever got. What gives?

3- they didn't send me any accessories, so I'm using my old Motorola charger to charge this phone, and it seems to charge really slow. Is that normal? Would it charge faster with an oem HTC charger?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
My extended lasts all day with heavy usage. Should get better. This phone does seem to run hot but still keeps up and is fast. Phone will shut off if it gets too hot though as a fail safe. I am using OEM charger for my phone and yea it does take forever if you have the extended battery but its worth it

Sent from Rezound

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Juice defender killed my battery on my rezound my old d2 it worked fine I would get rid of jd and try that

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
I second that^ it seemed to mess with my data connectivity too. I took it off hours after putting it on. Still get a full day on extended with full performance settings

Sent from Rezound

OP
V

Vicious1

Reaction score
I'll shut it off and see what happens.

Thanks for the input.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Juice Defender has always been a battery sucker on every phone I've had.

I've learned that it takes a few days for the battery, hardware, and software to get used to each other. It will also settle down once you get your settings the way you want them. The first day I got my Rezound, the battery drained pretty quickly and got warmer than normal because I was downloading and installing about 50 apps, plus customizing my settings.

Other tips - HTC has lots of small "convenience" settings, like making the ringtone louder if it's in your pocket. Nice, but then that's constantly running in the background. Those types of things can slowly eat away at your power.

I've had mine for 3 days now. With moderate usage - 1-2 hrs on the phone, some texting, checking my social media and mail, weather updates every hour - I'm doing pretty well on the standard battery. 14 hours and I went to sleep with the battery at 15% last night. This is much better than I was getting on my old Razr.

OP
V

Vicious1

Reaction score
Well, I'm on my second extended battery, and still yet to have this phone last six hours without dying. It continues to run hot, and before I typed this, it was at 112.5 degrees just sitting in my pocket not being used. I've calibrated battery with Battery HD, uninstalled juice Defender, and nothing helps.

Is this normal, or do I have a problem with the unit they sent me. No reviews I've read say anything about the battery running out in five hours with minimal use. For example, I went from full to now 24% with just sending about 12 texts, blutooth radio for 30 minutes, no phone calls, no Web, and about three minutes on twitter.... What the hell?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

OP
V

Vicious1

Reaction score
Ps, battery drained 5% typing the above post in about three minutes....

Alchemist945

Reaction score
You have a problem with prob the phone cause the chances of 2 battiers being bad isn't big my standered batt lasts longer then that has to be a phone issue

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe try an app called Watch Dog Lite and see what's using CPU.
I found on my phone that sending an mms with Handcent causes Handcent to run heavilyin the background after the message has sent unless I manually kill it.

You could have an app gone rogue and Watch Dog will help you find it. If not I'd take it back for another phone

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

cdm369

Reaction score
mountainbikermark said:
Maybe try an app called Watch Dog Lite and see what's using CPU.
I found on my phone that sending an mms with Handcent causes Handcent to run heavilyin the background after the message has sent unless I manually kill it.

You could have an app gone rogue and Watch Dog will help you find it. If not I'd take it back for another phone

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Agreed...scoremobile was eating my battery up. I removed the app and my battery went from from 6 hours to 14 hours on a full charge. Heavy use.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

OP
V

Vicious1

Reaction score
I've had Watchdog (full) for over a year, and had it on this new rezound as well. Nothing jumped out at me as using much cpu.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Then you may have a bad phone. You said in an earlier post that you calibrated your battery using battery hd? I wonder if that messed you up along with not training your phones battery meter. FYI...You don't need to calibrate your battery at all. When you first get your phone leave it off and charge it overnight. Then use it until it hits 15%. Then turn it off and charge it overnight again. Use it until it hits 15% again. Then charge it overnight again while it's off. In doing that your training the phones battery meter to read the extended battery accurately. Do that every 3-4 months. That may help.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Then you may have a bad phone. You said in an earlier post that you calibrated your battery using battery hd? I wonder if that messed you up along with not training your phones battery meter. FYI...You don't need to calibrate your battery at all. When you first get your phone leave it off and charge it overnight. Then use it until it hits 15%. Then turn it off and charge it overnight again. Use it until it hits 15% again. Then charge it overnight again while it's off. In doing that your training the phones battery meter to read the extended battery accurately. Do that every 3-4 months. That may help.

Great advice, and only one thing I'll add...you only need to do the 15% discharge once, and the charge twice - charge, discharge, charge, and you're good to go for two to three months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
FoxKat said:
Great advice, and only one thing I'll add...you only need to do the 15% discharge once, and the charge twice - charge, discharge, charge, and you're good to go for two to three months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I thought it was once after re-reading it because something didn't look right. Thanks for the clarification.