Too late to condition battery?

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
I've had my rezound for about a month. I don't think I ever let the original or extended battery fully expend itself at the time I acquired it. Can I do it now? Will it be effective?

I'm under the impression that to condition a battery you 1) charge it fully, 2) drain it fully, 3) charge it fully. Is this essentially correct?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Good article, MBM. Shows that there are other, more important things to worry about "breaking in" properly; a new cast iron skillet, a new car, a new spouse. At least, the battery on the Rezound can be easily replaced if it gets messed up.

Deron

Reaction score
From what I have read there is little evidence that you need to "condition " a battery on these modern phones. I suspect the people who think it is necessary are just experiencing a placebo effect. If it was really necessary, it would be included in the phone's manual. I conditioned my old Droid Razr and saw no difference.

Let me summarize (pretty much) every discussion on battery life : high Screen brightness, the LTE radio, and using the phone a lot are what drain a battery quickly. Not using the phone so much, turning brightness down, switching to 3g or Wifi, and using an extended battery are the ways to improve battery life.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Cyan Tapatalk

OP
bladerunn3r

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Thanks everybody!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

NOVICE

Reaction score
Best option for me: purchase phone w/replaceable battery; purchase external charger; run phone at 100% (including screen brightness); rotate 3 to 4 batteries during day. I can change out battery in 39 secs.

This incessant anxiety about battery life is insane.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Best option for me: purchase phone w/replaceable battery; purchase external charger; run phone at 100% (including screen brightness); rotate 3 to 4 batteries during day. I can change out battery in 39 secs.

This incessant anxiety about battery life is insane.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I do the same but I just charge my phone when it needs it...lol

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
These are not NiCAD batteries, they do not develop memories and you don't have to condition them, bump charge them or any of the other silly things that people do... Just charge it and go.