Draining battery while docked GPS, but charging

H3Dude

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that phone does not charge while using GPS. The charging indicator is on but when I look at the stats it says discharging at -450 mAh. Is this the way it is and if so, is there a fix? 1 hr 42 m with 73% display on battery use and 43% charge remaining, but was plugged in the entire time while driving under an hour home. I am using the same Motorola high performance charger that every other phone is charged fully even when using GPS. In fact tried a verizon car charger too. Also, hooked it back up and states it is in a.c. charging mode.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're running 4G + GPS, you're probably draining the battery faster than it can charge. Try dropping down to 3G and see if that helps. I haven't personally ran into this problem yet but I know I will so finding a solution to it now would be nice.

Also have you done the temp root and frozen any of the HTC/Verizon bloat? It helps preserve some battery.

OP
H

H3Dude

Reaction score
Yea, ran 3g on my way on this morning. Put it normal mode. Got to work at 97 percent after a +40 min drive. Must be the faster processor? Looking at unavailable charge in the log and it still decreases, buy was a lot slower discharge. Other 4g phones can keep up though, even the TBolt did not lag so was surprised.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably doesn't help that this screen sucks the battery harder than a two dollar whore over a five dollar bill.

venture996

Reaction score
Check your car charger

Your vehicle charger may not be powerful enough. Older/cheaper chargers will only output 500mah while the phone needs 1000 amh.

Has anyone noticed that phone does not charge while using GPS. The charging indicator is on but when I look at the stats it says discharging at -450 mAh. Is this the way it is and if so, is there a fix? 1 hr 42 m with 73% display on battery use and 43% charge remaining, but was plugged in the entire time while driving under an hour home. I am using the same Motorola high performance charger that every other phone is charged fully even when using GPS. In fact tried a verizon car charger too. Also, hooked it back up and states it is in a.c. charging mode.

pedromartinez

Reaction score
Your vehicle charger may not be powerful enough. Older/cheaper chargers will only output 500mah while the phone needs 1000 amh.

This guy is right. The energy input is less than the energy consumption. Therefore you have a net reduction in power. Especially with GPS radio and 4G antenna on max.

OP
H

H3Dude

Reaction score
My charger is 950mAh. I rode home today not on dock and just the charger and it actually raised raised 8 %.

venture996

Reaction score
Then the dock must either consume some of the power or somehow down-rate the power feed to the phone.

My charger is 950mAh. I rode home today not on dock and just the charger and it actually raised raised 8 %.