New Pictures of the Milestone 3

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Some new pictures of the Milestone 3, which should be physically identical to the Droid 3:

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9390.JPG

IMG_9384.JPG

IMG_9392.JPG

IMG_9385.JPG

More at the source: http://www.xda.cn/article.php?mnewsid=426&page=&pages=1

Fuzzball

Reaction score
Hardware specs look pretty underwhelming. The CPU and RAM specs almost seem like this is Droid 2 hardware in a new shell. Hopefully this is more of a test unit than a production unit or at least the Droid 3 doesn't come with these sad specs. If it does, I may stick with my OG or find a used D2 if the OG starts having more problems.

Looks wise, I like it.

Card

Reaction score
I'm actually starting to agree. After a closer look at the PenTile displays, I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. And 512MB of RAM? Really? This should be your new flasgship phone, act like it.

I was all set to pick up this phone next month, but now I'm thinking I'll have to hold out for the SGS2 like everyone else.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Unreal. Its like the manufacturers have made a wager of who can make a phone that comes closest to being elite without achieving it. Its getting ridiculous...at least the Verizon offerings are.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
Here's what I don't get.

Tegra2 equipped phones are hailed as the next generation of smart phones. Indeed, the LG 2x is a highly praised phone, yet when the droid x2 comes out, with the same processor, its denounced as marginally better than the droid x.

So, when D3 shows up, with a chipset that is supposedly even more powerful than tegra2, its barely more than a reskinned D2? I wonder what people will say when the bionic's specs are finally released (and from what I can gather, it will have a similar chipset as the d3, ie, TI OMAP dual core)

The only thing that worries me about the milestone3, is the ram. I was under the impression the D3 would be webtop capable, yet I'm not sure that's possible with only 512...even still, 512 ram is underwhelming.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The only thing that worries me about the milestone3, is the ram. I was under the impression the D3 would be webtop capable, yet I'm not sure that's possible with only 512...even still, 512 ram is underwhelming.

Same here. Everything else looks to be exactly what's been expected. I'm not sure why everyone is so disappointed by it.

warped1987

Reaction score
Disappointed in the qHD, if you like looking at obvious pixels than this is the phone for you.

I have been watching this phone night and day, and was so excited for so long until the recent stuff came out from xda.cn and now I feel like just waiting for a better phone, MOTO seems to not know what they are doing, they keep making theses phones, as previously stated, that just fall short....so they can make another new phone, hype it up and have it fall short again. That's how cell phones have always been. It's how they can keep pushing out so many phones and make so much money. Kinda thinking at least Apple just has their main attraction with the iPhone, and they can concentrate more on making them pretty close to perfect as far as reliability goes.

tekhinator

Reaction score
I'm not really worried about the whole ram deal. I think the rest of the specs make up for it. Btw this isn't going to be big reds flagship device I think. The sg2 will. Overall I'm still looking forward to this device.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

tonydelite

Reaction score

Same here. Everything else looks to be exactly what's been expected. I'm not sure why everyone is so disappointed by it.

This sums up my thoughts as well. I think the phone looks great. It's exactly what I anticipated it to be. I'm not crazy about the Pentile display, but that doesn't really matter too much to me. If it saves battery like I heard it does, i'm all for it.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm actually starting to agree. After a closer look at the PenTile displays, I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. And 512MB of RAM? Really? This should be your new flasgship phone, act like it.

I was all set to pick up this phone next month, but now I'm thinking I'll have to hold out for the SGS2 like everyone else.

No one ever said its their flagship phone...and its dual core

Sent from my DROID2