anyone try 3rd partybattery?

Sparkimus

Reaction score
The Motorola extended battery is 1950 mah, and it barely adds any thickness to the D3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
B

bkcorwin

Reaction score
That, has little to nothing to do with my original question.

I am well aware of the motorola battery.

HokieDroid

Reaction score
That, has little to nothing to do with my original question.

I am well aware of the motorola battery.

I ordered one off Amazon earlier this week - it should arrive today or tomorrow. Assuming it arrives as planned, I can give you an update early next week.

OP
B

bkcorwin

Reaction score
Thanks, curious to hear back with your impressions.

CLShade

Reaction score
I have one on the way as well. Shipped today but who knows how long it will take to get to Hawaii. I'll report in when it arrives.

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
Ive also ordered an 1800, but I have a 1500 that came off ebay with a charger for under $15. It actually holds up longer than my factory battery, what a pleasant surprise.

HokieDroid

Reaction score
Today I received the 1800 that I ordered from Amazon. Unfortunately it isn't as advertised. It is quite a bit thicker than the original battery, in fact, the back of the phone won't even stay on all the way. I'll be returning it to the seller.

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
Today I received the 1800 that I ordered from Amazon. Unfortunately it isn't as advertised. It is quite a bit thicker than the original battery, in fact, the back of the phone won't even stay on all the way. I'll be returning it to the seller.

Could you use a hardcase, and just leave the factory back off ? Phone might even run cooler that way. Not a perfect suggestion, I know, but worth a shot. But I get by just fine with two 1500's, and I use my personal phone at work too, and use a lot of texts (6000+).

HokieDroid

Reaction score
Jeeper, thanks for the suggestion. Your idea would probably work.

I've now noticed that it has the BF-6X P/N cross-referenced on it's label, not -5x, so it is a replacement for the Motorola extended battery not the original D3 battery. I feel like the Amazon listing is a little misleading in that respect. I decided to go ahead and order the Motorola BF-6X that comes with the larger battery door. $40 on Amazon including shipping. Heck, I may even keep the 1800mAh one as a back-up - kind of a waste of money but I love my D3 but I'm tired of worrying about battery life! Now if my random reboots would just stop... Thanks again for the suggestion.

Could you use a hardcase, and just leave the factory back off ? Phone might even run cooler that way. Not a perfect suggestion, I know, but worth a shot. But I get by just fine with two 1500's, and I use my personal phone at work too, and use a lot of texts (6000+).

HokieDroid

Reaction score
I've been using the 1800mAh battery from Amazon for about 6 hours of pretty good use with calls, texting and surfing and am still am showing 80%! With the original battery I would have had to charge my phone already. I'm starting to believe that the 1500 battery that came with my phone may have been defective like some folks are saying.

The back of the phone doesn't fit perfectly, but the battery life appears to be fantastic. Ahhh, what a relief not to be worrying about my battery running out!!

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score

SonerAlan

Reaction score
whats the difference between that one and this one? 2x Galilio Battery + Charger for Motorola Droid 3 XT862 | eBay

Thats the same charger I have. If you hook it up USB it is a fast charge. You fold out the plug and put it in a wall socket (120v AC), it is a slow charge. Took almost 8 hours to charge my factory battery that way. I will report back if it lasts better with the slow charge.

Oh..but what's the difference between that battery and the Galilio battery??