New phone tomorrow

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I often plug a cassette adapter into my Droid1 in the car for both taking calls through the car speakers as well as for listening to podcasts or music. This morning I plugged it in and nothing happened. Called it in and the replacement arrives tomorrow. No idea what it will be. I'll be back to stock tonight.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me my warranty ended on the sixth but no problems in the past year so I don't expect any...but then who does - maybe they will send you a D2 :happy:

Sent from my Droid

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I bet it is a D2 as well...will you miss your D1?

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got the D1 a week after it released, due to having to wait for my renew period to be up. Work ordered the phone and the Droid showed up. The wrong Droid. Back it went and 2 days later the Moto Droid showed up. Within a couple weeks I was checking the web for rooting info, but nothing existed yet. Then the 2.01 Android update came and rooting became possible. No roms, no overclocking, no real point in rooting for most of us. Yet.

Near the end of January rooting was becoming worthwhile, but I hadn't done so yet. My phone started shutting down, rebooting, etc. Called in for help (there was no RS here and the problem wasn't fixable anyways). Refurb 1 showed up, which is the phone I have to unroot tonight.

Smoked Glass was the first rom. I overclocked to 800mhz and thought anything higher would be crazy. One week later I was running fine at 1.1ghz and have been there almost ever since.

The constant changes and new roms has been a cool experience. I'm on the first released MIUI rom for the D1 right now and the biggest thing I like about it is the notification bar sliding power controls. That should be part of all phones.

Which phone do I hope arrives tomorrow? I've got mixed opinions. My D1 functions has been fun and the tweak factor has been pretty high. The screens are responsive so it isn't like I've got a 4 year old computer that feels sluggish and needs replacing. I've heard good things about the D2 too though. I wouldn't miss the keyboard so I'd probably be ok with a DX too, but I don't think that's in the offering.

Somehow I do think Android 2.3 has a greater chance of arriving on a rooted D1 before a D2, but who knows.

Without a doubt, the D1 has served me well, count me as a happy customer:)