New OS update for Pro?

StingRay

Reaction score
Jay

I had held off rooting to see if an update might be released...in reading other threads some rooted Pros did receive the update, just like one of yours did...it sounded like some people had possibly removed an app or service that might have been necessary to receive the update....anything different between your two Pros?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

feerlessleadr

Reaction score
I just installed the "improved email" from the market and all of my corporate mail is pushing beautifully.

The app looks pretty much the same as the stock email app but it actually works. Credit to the other thread about finding this replacement app. Oh and it is also free :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

dmkatzenstein

Reaction score
Effect of 2.26.60 Update on Verizon Droid Pro

Well after 12 hours into the new update, I'm having mixed results....

call quality during one 40 minute call seemed to be a little better...tough to tell on one call though...

as far as corporate syncing, I'd have to say "epic fail"...somehow they made the push even worse...did not push correctly during the 12 hour period and all but once I had to open the email app to sync email....only actually pushed once on it's own....

did notice that the icon for Voice Commands changed, so hopefully the issues I was having with not recognizing commands was solved....

I have seen no issues with corporate Email Sync or other apps. Voice quality was slightly improved, but something about this update is killing my battery. Complete drain twice since running the update last evening. Is anyone else having this issue?

Chillson

Reaction score
Hey guys, has this has an impact on the devices battery for better or worse?

RadYOacTiVe

Reaction score
What improved email app are you talking about, can you provide a link?

I just installed the "improved email" from the market and all of my corporate mail is pushing beautifully.

The app looks pretty much the same as the stock email app but it actually works. Credit to the other thread about finding this replacement app. Oh and it is also free :)

feerlessleadr

Reaction score

Sure, here is the link

Improved Email - Android app on AppBrain

apparently this is just a rebuilt droid 1 (i think) email client.

RadYOacTiVe

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

Sure, here is the link

Improved Email - Android app on AppBrain

apparently this is just a rebuilt droid 1 (i think) email client.

feerlessleadr

Reaction score

StingRay

Reaction score

call quality during one 40 minute call seemed to be a little better...tough to tell on one call though...

as far as corporate syncing, I'd have to say "epic fail"...somehow they made the push even worse...did not push correctly during the 12 hour period and all but once I had to open the email app to sync email....only actually pushed once on it's own....

did notice that the icon for Voice Commands changed, so hopefully the issues I was having with not recognizing commands was solved....

I have seen no issues with corporate Email Sync or other apps. Voice quality was slightly improved, but something about this update is killing my battery. Complete drain twice since running the update last evening. Is anyone else having this issue?

You might look to see if your settings were somehow changed by the update...such as network settings...

Feerless...thanks for the heads up about the improved email app...will take a look....

My email was pushing great this morning with the stock email app...getting emails immediately as they should....as the morning went on though the emails were delayed in receiving just as prior to the update...

feerlessleadr

Reaction score

You might look to see if your settings were somehow changed by the update...such as network settings...

Feerless...thanks for the heads up about the improved email app...will take a look....

My email was pushing great this morning with the stock email app...getting emails immediately as they should....as the morning went on though the emails were delayed in receiving just as prior to the update...

I don't know about the stock app since I stopped using it yesterday, but the improved email app has been pushing my emails consistently since yesterday morning with zero delay.

mbd4524

Reaction score
I am travelling overseas and I still do not see an update available. Do you think it wont update outside the U.S?

dmkatzenstein

Reaction score
Updating my last post, ActiveSync Exchange Email was not really doing so well after the update (although it did continue to work). My Droid Pro was also running very hot and draining the battery very quickly. Once i noticed substnatial lag on the Emails accounts i am monitoring, I delted the Exchange ActiveSync Accounts and then Added them back in. The Droid appears to be snappier in generla and the Email accounts are now working pretty much in realtime. The Droid has also cooled off a great deal. Too soon to tell if the battery will keep draining quickly.

pilotrose

Reaction score
I am travelling overseas and I still do not see an update available. Do you think it wont update outside the U.S?

I am overseas as well and the update was available for me; however, I had problems updating due to issues with having a rooted phone and deleting some key apps that I guess were required. I won't do that again, that's for sure.

I now have a bricked phone to make a long story short and am waiting for someone to find a solution, which will most likely be a stock rom that can be flashed from the boot screen (pre-boot).

MNk1ng

Reaction score
A new NON-gingerbread update was released today addressing some issues, call reception and quality has improved...