New Motorola Android Phone Coming to the US

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-motoroi.jpg

News broke today of the Motoroi, a new Motorola Android powered smart phone is now making its way to the US. The new device which shares a design similar to the Droid and Milestone will first be launched in South Korea next month.

Now on to the important stuff. The specs so far include a 3.7-inch WVGA 16:9 touch screen (480 x 854 resolution), 8 megapixel camera with Xenon flash, 720p HD video capture, HDMI output, TV-Tuner, 8GB internal memory (microSD card support up to 32GB), and Android 2.

For a video of the phone in action visit: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...09-video-new-motorola-motoroi.html#post154820

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, very classy looking!

Mojo

Reaction score
Thats what I want to know? Who is the carrier? If it will work on Verizon... I am sold any one want to buy a droid lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
+1 to who's the carrier.... This is more important than the phone :)

DigiK

Reaction score
Meaningless MegaPixel numbers aside, you can look for this thing to have a superior camera thanks to the increased focal length from lens to CCD stage thanks to extra chassis depth afforded by chucking the hardware keyboard and popping out the back of the phone a few mm. Longer focal length = Larger CCD sensor = lower noise & better image quality

If they keep the world radio in this thing Stateside, it will indeed be the phone to beat.

Benton

Reaction score
SK Telecom's phone for South Korea, February launch according to quick look at their website.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
Now I'm confused. I was supposed to get my Droid tomorrow. I don't know if I should wait for this or just get the Droid and hope this comes out in the next 30 days.

BullDroid

Reaction score
I don't think this phone will be released in the U.S. in the next 30 days so you shouldn't be too worried. Just get the Droid you wont be dissapointed! This phone will probably come out later this year if it even comes out this year at all?? It also made no mention of a carrier which is very important as well but I would hope that it is Verizon!

BizzyGeek

Reaction score
Don't expect the TV tuner on the US version. We don't have the bands that it picks up, which are a pretty South Korea specific thing. Even without that, this thing is definitely ba beast. Glad to see Moto keeping it going.

bluewonder

Reaction score
wow, this looks nice!
i am able to prolong my contract on the end of january.
i hope it comes soon to germany.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I don't think this phone will be released in the U.S. in the next 30 days so you shouldn't be too worried. Just get the Droid you wont be dissapointed! This phone will probably come out later this year if it even comes out this year at all?? It also made no mention of a carrier which is very important as well but I would hope that it is Verizon!

You are probably right. Besides, by next year, 4G phones will probably be here anyway!