New Moto 360 Commercials!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It would never happen like this. Before you got out of your driveway your 360 would vibrate and alert you to the fact that you forgot your phone. True story.

Is the vibration triggered by loss of Bluetooth connectivity?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is the vibration triggered by loss of Bluetooth connectivity?

Yes I believe so.

Last night I had to carry in a pizza I had picked up from work. I parked in my drive and forgot my phone in my console charging. Got in the front door and my watch buzzed and reminded me I must have forgotten my watch.

Admittedly, living rural, that is a bigger distance for me than most, but still you wouldn't get too far before the watch reminded you that you left your phone.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So you could make your phone ring from your watch (through Android Device Manager) if you misplaced your phone. An added benefit.

I totally understand living rural. My driveway goes on forever before hitting the dirt road. Our 'police department' is the sheriff's office.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It would never happen like this. Before you got out of your driveway your 360 would vibrate and alert you to the fact that you forgot your phone. True story.

I agree totally, and in fact I have a first-generation Bluetooth watch, all it does is vibrate, display time and date, and show caller ID, and even that first iteration with minimal functionality will alert me when I get more than about 25 feet away from my phone before it starts vibrating to alert me. So in that right, I don't think I could possibly forget my phone unless the battery on the watch is dead.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Let's say I leave the house, forgetting my phone, while wearing the 360. Half way down the road I realize that I forgot my phone. I am going to be out all day and am expecting phone calls. Do I turn around and get my phone? Sure do. Because my new time piece is just a time piece.

Now flip the script and replace the 360 with the Gear S. Most likely I have left my phone at home on purpose because my watch has now replaced my phone.

I'm not a watch wearer and don't need just a watch since my phone tells time already.

As I said before if you are the type of person that wears a watch daily already it is a non-issue. The 360 does not have the appeal to those of us that don't wear a watch.

I'm hoping Moto makes the move to a cellular watch because that watch is sexy.
It you are a person to forget your phone is it safe to say you can also forget your watch? There are times I forgot my watch before forgetting my phone.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It you are a person to forget your phone is it safe to say you can also forget your watch? There are times I forgot my watch before forgetting my phone.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

I guess it would depend on whether or not these watches are waterproof. Other than charging them that is the only reason I could see taking it off which could then lead to you leaving the house without it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good question re the waterproof comment. Having always worn various watches for the past 30, my wrist feels nekkid without one. While I usually take it off each evening before going to bed, I don't usually wear one during the weekends around the house. It's more of a fashion thing for me personally. Most of these watches just don't look as fashionable IMO, but they have been improving and depending on the band, the 360 is actually a pretty good looking device.
yNbApOj.png

Who knows, I may convert eventually but I'm still not digging the "daily charge" issue. Now if it lasted a week....we may have something.

S5 tap'n