Moto 360 (2nd Gen) Shows for the Cameras 'in the wild'

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Flat tire or not, its still a sexy looking watch in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You're right. I didn't click through on the site I checked.
I don't want a light sensor.

Tap'n Turbo

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really care about the light sensor. The flat tire is something I really don't know if it would bother me or not....but I've ALWAYS set my phones to manual brightness (with Locale based on location) because I find the light sensors to be finicky changing brightness if you tilt the phone slightly toward or away from indoor lighting.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Not to be adversarial, but the flat tire is there because there is an ambient light sensor visible in there. If the flat tire (and light sensor), were hidden behind the bezel, then it wouldn't function and so there would be no need for it. No, the other watch simply doesn't have the ambient light sensor and so there's no need for the display to be cut short, which creates the flat tire.

See below and note the small red dot in the center of the flat tire.

f3b7c5bc08d3b85494d37eeb5ec9a3f1.jpg
a4a31f8ded4ab6572b028ee4f1d6a1dd.jpg
f5d51885207e62b9d328f25d9ab7eec1.jpg

From what I understand the flat tire is also the location of the ribbon connection that drives the display's pixels. That's why the bezel is so thin all around. The other manufacturers have a thick boarder all the way around their screens. These boarders are hidden under the thicker bezel. So even without the ambient light sensor they'd have to have an area to connect the actual screen to the processor. I like the thin bezel on the 360 but I think I'll hold out until the flat is gone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
From what I understand the flat tire is also the location of the ribbon connection that drives the display's pixels. That's why the bezel is so thin all around. The other manufacturers have a thick boarder all the way around their screens. These boarders are hidden under the thicker bezel. So even without the ambient light sensor they'd have to have an area to connect the actual screen to the processor. I like the thin bezel on the 360 but I think I'll hold out until the flat is gone.
Yes, the connector is there but I don't believe that it's a reason for the flat tire. They could connect the same way along that edge, even if the screen were fully round.

u13bwsn6FtaZE1YG.medium

qkIpHB1DKbJaykvm.medium