New member - Droid weirdness

bjw1

Reaction score
I did a quick search to see if I could find any other similar posts but could not. Hopefully, I didn't miss something.

Now for the problem.

I plugged in my Droid overnight and when I went out in the morning, it was doing some weird things on it's own. It had sent out 6 emails and the screen looked like someone was going thru my contact list.

Can these things be operated remotely via some virus??

I have noticed that a part of my touch screen now no longer works and Verizon is sending me a new phone.

Weird,

Bryan

OP
B

bjw1

Reaction score
Motorola Cables

I am using the cables and charger that came with the phone from Verizon.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I always find violence resolves self aware robot uprising movements... try punching and hitting it.

If that doesn't work I would try and see if it duplicates what you just witnessed and try and trouble shoot it with a verizon tech. I have never heard of the stock chargers acting up like this. Although they could be faulty.

Be alert though, your machine could be trying to build some legs with spare parts. Sleep with a battle Axe.

OP
B

bjw1

Reaction score
Violence

I'll watch I-Robot again tonight to get some ideas on how to protect myself.

I haven't seen the red light come on where the Droid turns into an evil version of itself since the original event, but I also don't leave it on and plugged in overnight anymore.

I wouldn't have believed it could set about on it's own until I looked at my sent messages and saw 6 messages that I did not send.