Weird Charging Problem

Krans

Reaction score
Hmm just had a weird problem just now. I was using my extended battery but decided to switch to my slimmer regular battery. For some reason when I plugged the charger in the light lit up like it was ready to start charging but it wasn't charging. The connection is fine because it lights up (the screen not the orange light) and if i plug it into the computer I can still sync data fine.

I was baffled so I switched back to my extended battery and it charges fine, could this be a battery issue?

Snoking

Reaction score
Is the stock battery dead? The phones do not like to charge flat/dead batteries. Might need a free standing charger. They are cheap. The T-bolt one is available for a few bucks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is the stock battery dead? The phones do not like to charge flat/dead batteries. Might need a free standing charger. They are cheap. The T-bolt one is available for a few bucks.

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Krans said:
Hmm just had a weird problem just now. I was using my extended battery but decided to switch to my slimmer regular battery. For some reason when I plugged the charger in the light lit up like it was ready to start charging but it wasn't charging. The connection is fine because it lights up (the screen not the orange light) and if i plug it into the computer I can still sync data fine.

I was baffled so I switched back to my extended battery and it charges fine, could this be a battery issue?

Just put back the standard battery, plug in the charging cable and leave it alone, do not turn on the phone for at least 1/2 hr.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Yeah the stock battery could have drained and died... I have been using my extended battery for months now and haven't touched my stock battery.... its still sitting in the box from when I switched batteries. I hope it doesn't totally die when my extended battery eventually breaks down

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
sp3ar2envi said:
Yeah the stock battery could have drained and died... I have been using my extended battery for months now and haven't touched my stock battery.... its still sitting in the box from when I switched batteries. I hope it doesn't totally die when my extended battery eventually breaks down

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Your battery should be just fine, even after sitting untouched for six months.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums