New Google Maps Update

llt_droid

Reaction score
Someone posted this on droid-life, it worked for me
Via adb:

adb kill-server
adb root
adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/Maps.apk (then, back out of adb shell)
adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

reboot

This procedure worked for me. A lot simpler than editing the packages.xml which can really screw you if not done right.

flyer05

Reaction score
Thanks, HookBill for getting me this info. Fixed it and got 4.3 up and running.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Did they change up navigator a bit? I dont remember teh perpendicular to the direction you are driving, street names popping up like this before. Also, it looks different to me when you zoom out while navigating.

dreadedtrash

Reaction score
I am having problems with it too. I flashed to a froyo build he other day and decided that it was a bit too buggy so flashed back to stock 2.1 update 1 without root and cant update maps or facebook. it says that they arent signed properly.

Wolfee57

Reaction score
Ok, stock droid 2.1 updated on the 23. Loaded fine, tried to use it yesterday, couldnt find "my location". When it did "find" me was off by about 15 miles, then started to reroute me every minute or so. Deleted, then tried to download from market, fails everytime. Looked in phone found maps 4.0 still showing, will use this until this thing is really updated I guess.....wth?!

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
OK, I keep reading that people are having issues with downloading the new Google Maps 4.3.0 update. I have a way to solve it, that should take care of ALL issues.

Look here:
[APPMOD][24.06.10] Brut Google Maps 4.3.0.4305-brut14 - xda-developers

This is Brut.all's modded Google Maps 4.3.0 app. Has more features, and unlocks a lot of stuff that the stock Google Maps app doesnt have. Cant go wrong. Its an APK download. Just download the APK, and install using Root Explorer, ADB, or any other package installer you want. Works without issues.

markwebb

Reaction score
I deleted maps.apk from system/apps/.. someone posted the link to the 4.3 Maps.apk on androidforums, The link is a few pages back. Once downloaded I moved the 4.3 Maps.apk to the system/apps/. Then clicked on the Maps.apk file using root explorer and clicked install. Now all is well.

Chad

This worked for me. Thanks!

IndyCross

Reaction score
Ok, so I was really excited to see this mod, downloaded it, installed, but google maps still can't find my location until I turn GPS on. I'm running Succulent Desire, is there a correlation there?