Google maps 5

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is a list of the cities that have it: Cities with 3D buildings - Google Mobile Help

The few cities I've tried, I've noticed it's mainly the downtown areas where the larger buildings are located, so go there first. And make sure you're zooming in far enough in "normal" mode before using your two fingers to pull it down into 3d mode.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
That spin is what I'm doing but it's not doing a thing. I'm rooted with CM 6.1.2.

Same here, D1 running LFY 1.9 - all multitouch gestures work except for the twist to rotate (and yes, I am sure compass mode is off)

pyro6128

Reaction score
at least i know I'm not the only one. I've done some searches and this seems to be a problem for a number of users.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Haha I hate when they merge but don't say anything. Throws you for a loop for a sec

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol it was bound to happen at some point though. I'm surprised there isn't already ten threads on the subject.

tappin and a talkin

fchowd0696

Reaction score
i still cant install maps 5.0. Can someone please help please. I tried renaming maps.apk to maps.bak and restarted the phone and tried to download and install maps 5.0 again but it still says installation unsuccessful.

souljerr

Reaction score
Watch the video, first few seconds to get the jist:
Video: Google Maps 5 with 3D in Action - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

3D buildings if available will be below 1000ft scale (panned to NYC and tested just now)

For those trying to get rotation movement of the map by turning their droids, touch the "my location" icon in upper right, it toggles that function once you have pressed it to get the map to your location.

This is nice!

Thanks for the video. I'm a visual learner :)