Google Maps updated

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Worked fine on my BBv0.4.

Anyone know why we would want to keep Places Directory on the phone now that Places is included in maps?

They seem to be the same program with a different UI!??!??!

hunter9604

Reaction score
Updated just peachy on 1st try, now to see if it finds me without a reboot!!!

Found me without a reboot, installed just perfectly, no issues here!!

Big Lou

Reaction score
Holy ****! This is FINALLY the Google Maps I've been looking for! I can now just drive around with a non-destination 3D map! There's also a "nearby" app for finding places like restaurants and businesses! I haven't yet tried this in my car dock, so hopefully it's fully integrated inside the Froyo car app.

Zargon

Reaction score
The update worked for me on bb v0.4. I'm also running NexTheme.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
He just refers to the navigation icon, but that was added in a previous update.

If you launch navigation, then go to the "M" icon in the app, upper right, that will now launch the "Navigation" map without a destination.

dylanthecat

Reaction score

If you launch navigation, then go to the "M" icon in the app, upper right, that will now launch the "Navigation" map without a destination.

This is really nice. They finally listened. I am surprised they don't list this in the updates.

Big Lou

Reaction score

That's what I was thinking. I got excited, though, because having a quick shortcut to the non-destination navigation map would be excellent... just one less click. Especially considering I now like to drive at all times with this map pulled up for traffic and such.