New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcs32787

Reaction score
having an issue with handcent after the 2.0.1 update. my contact pictures from facebook aren't syncing anymore. has anyone else noticed this?

Chon

Reaction score
Is surfing the web while talking on the telephone new to the patch? I just tried it and it works fantastic. sorry if this is noobish or restated but I just saw a Iphone commercial that said we couldn't and I never tried till today after the patch.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
having an issue with handcent after the 2.0.1 update. my contact pictures from facebook aren't syncing anymore. has anyone else noticed this?

I think this is more a problem with facebook not with handcent, my contacts aren't even updating, in the contact app. The few that i have pics for from gmail, still have their pics in handcent.

kcs32787

Reaction score
excellent call. i hadnt loaded facebook after updating, i had been logged out and everything had to cache back up again. thanks for the advice :)!

taypotts

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the stock android keyboard seem to be much improved!? It seems like it has multitouch. It just seems to register keypresses better. I can type much more quickly now.

I was just about to say this! haha... If you really want to see how it is improved, hold one key down and then try to press another key at the same time. It won't actually register the other key, but will try. It def didn't do that before!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yup! Mine won't sync up either.

From looking at the facebook app i'm going to say there is just something wrong with it in general. When you go to news thread, you always see "facebook user" and never the name of the person who it is.

Bhinderoid

Reaction score
Actually I just downloaded a Handcent update and now it's syncing!

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually I just downloaded a Handcent update and now it's syncing!

I agree. I had to get an update from Handcent this morning for it to sync correctly. It's nice to see the developer working so quickly to ensure the update is seamless :)

justin5117

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the Google Search widget that is displayed under the time has moved down a cm. You can't put it at the top anymore? It messed up a nice droid wallpaper that took forever to make and was centered perfect. Now with that widget, being down a cm it looks weird. Anyone else notice this or how to fix it?

sincerity

Reaction score
physical keyboard in landscape mode is DEFINITELY better...it recognizes so much faster...i am in love with this phone

Stigy

Reaction score
I definitely feel like I can type faster after the update, but I think its the less lag that is causing that.

Still looking around for any MAJOR changes, but I think most of them have been covered throughout all the threads.

ice456789

Reaction score
So far I've only had the upgrade for 12 hours, but here's what I noticed;

The vibration on pressing a key on the keyboard is much more tame. Still very noticeable, but it won't shake your whole hand like it used to. Keyboard itself doesn't seem to have changed. I can still type very fast with it and it seems to only be limited by the speed that I can press keys.

The notification bar pulls down much smoother. In fact it is perfectly smooth, they way it should have been from the beginning.

Upgrading caused the Apps Organizer program to crash. Rebooting didn't fix it, but strangely after opening the program and sending an email to the developer it fixed itself. Right after I sent the email. Weird.

The lock screen looks different, but the same exact motion still unlocks the phone.

Not sure if it did this before, but the screen dims to a low level after 8 seconds of non-use. I use screebl, so by non-use I mean that the phone is sitting down flat (never when I'm reading something). I have it set to turn the screen off at 15 seconds. It is still readable dim and if you press anything it brightens right back up. It may have done this before update, or it may be a screebl update. Not sure, but I didn't notice it until after I updated.

New black power widget looks much better on its own, but the white power widget fit my theme much better. Bah Humbug.

Status
Not open for further replies.