New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShaz

Reaction score
I got the update. Took about 7min or so for download and reboot.

The menu buttons and keyboard lights no longer work.

Somebody better call the office.

UPDATE: KEYBOARD AND MENU LIGHTS ARE OK NOW. after rebooting the second time I launched Googlers Goggles because I installed it earlier this evening, once the camera came on the menu leds did too. Checked the keyboard as well.

Beta software....I think I will go to bed now.

Last edited:

skiahh

Reaction score
I got the update today. Can't tell if it's faster, but one thing I did notice is that I can now have two 2x1 widgets on the top row. I had the digital clock centered there and tried to move it to one side so I could put a weather widget next to it. No luck.

Post update, they both are comfortably at the top of my home screen. This is in both the native home screen and the Home++ one.

Camera is a bit faster, too. Can't comment on the focus yet since mine's worked fine all along. (Anyone know how to change the sounds or adjust the volume for the camera sounds?)

That's it so far.

reitman1

Reaction score
Woke up to the update this morning. I had it on the dock and in my state of grogginess, thought something was trying to force close. After installing it, here's what I've noticed so far.

Everything is a bit snappier. I've had no lag so far using the Home++ replacement.

Both the lock screen and the power control widget have changed.

Camera does focus much quicker and takes pictures more quickly.

My keyboard and menu button lights did not work at first, even after a second reboot, but they did start running again after I ran the camera. Go figure.

That's about it after a cursory glance. I'll try and repost my findings later tonight after a full day at work. Here's hoping they added night mode to google navigation.

texasPI

Reaction score
Is it known whether this update fixes the issue of audio playback not resuming on speaker after a phone call? This is my one and only gripe about the Droid as I use it extensively. Luckily I don't make or receive phone calls that often. What can I say? No one loves me! lol

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does it allow for a signature in the native email app? If not, my God have mercy on your soul, Motorola.

how is this a motorola problem? All they did was create the hardware. Blame google, if your going to blame anyone. But either way, it is a much needed item.

mrschmitz

Reaction score
Does it allow for a signature in the native email app? If not, my God have mercy on your soul, Motorola.

how is this a motorola problem? All they did was create the hardware. Blame google, if your going to blame anyone. But either way, it is a much needed item.

Guys -- this IS inluded in the native Gmail app (Menu->Settings->Signature), or are you talking about the non-Gmail email app?

MarkDF

Reaction score
Does it fix the rather irksome bug that the gmail app won't display embedded pictures?

I have no porblems with imbedded pics in Gmail and I am still on Android 2.0.

Are you using the gmail app or the e-mail app? I get a border where the pic size is, with a tiny blue ? in the middle. If I browse to the mobile gmail web page, it shows us just fine. I know other people have mentioned the same problem.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
My Gmail app works great, I had to switch to where gmail checks my other pop accounts though due to the fact that the standard email app will not forward attachments. it just strips them off.

spirit20

Reaction score
No the signature is not on the non gmail app. Still using Touchdown for I while I guess till its fixed.

Rocket

Reaction score
Anyone else's droid freeze shortly after the update? I got the update 11 hours ago and my droid just froze. So far it has happened only once. Hopefully, it was a fluke occurrence.

Last edited:

Rocket

Reaction score
Doug, does your freeze with the screen turned on? Before the update, mine would turn black and wouldn't restart unless I removed the battery. This happened about 1-2 a week, and first occured before I installed any apps. The freeze that happened to me occurred when I went to retrieve a new message from the top of the droid. It froze with the screen on. So, the good news is that I have yet to get the droid black screen freeze. The bad news is that I have a different kind of freeze.

ashkev843

Reaction score
Mine never freezes up on me. You should definitely exchange your droid. It shouldn't matter if you are out of the 30 days...since this should be a warranty issue.

windstrings

Reaction score
Mine never freezes up on me. You should definitely exchange your droid. It shouldn't matter if you are out of the 30 days...since this should be a warranty issue.

Mine never freezes either, and I'm running GDE in cube mode

someone mentioned a workaround they found for thier freeze problem.. hit the on/ff button twice fast enough so it doesn't reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.