New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Can someone who got the update try this? On the lock screen I swing the volume icon to the left and it mutes the phone like before. However, doing it again no longer unmutes the phone. I now need to use the volume buttons to unmute. Could this possibly have been on purpose? Can anyone verify? Thanks!

garyll

Reaction score
The Youtube ap now seems to be updating the videos on the first screen (before it was showing the same ones every time) plus it defaults to the HD size instead of making you hit the menu button. The menu button brings up a different menu now. Much better!!

glenn

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed yet if cameras low light ability (without flash) is better then 2.0 ?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can someone who got the update try this? On the lock screen I swing the volume icon to the left and it mutes the phone like before. However, doing it again no longer unmutes the phone. I now need to use the volume buttons to unmute. Could this possibly have been on purpose? Can anyone verify? Thanks!

I had a few weird things after i installed the update. Try rebooting, that fixed all the weirdness for me.

sethmo

Reaction score
The Youtube ap now seems to be updating the videos on the first screen (before it was showing the same ones every time) plus it defaults to the HD size instead of making you hit the menu button. The menu button brings up a different menu now. Much better!!
I still get crappy quality YouTube vids on 3g until I click High Quality :/

My YouTube app version is 1.5.19

The vids on the front page did update though.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still get crappy quality YouTube vids on 3g until I click High Quality :/

My YouTube app version is 1.5.19

The vids on the front page did update though.

It's the same for me. If your using WiFi it will connect on HD everytime, but if your using 3g it's set to minimum first, and you have to change it.

brianr0131

Reaction score

Let me take a guess. Do you have silent mode jammer installed?

I did, and it did this. Had to uninstall.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

I had a few weird things after i installed the update. Try rebooting, that fixed all the weirdness for me.

Aha! Looks like it was the Silent Mode Jammer app. Was using that so the slider would go into vibrate mode rather than silent mode. Turned that off and the slider now works. Looks like I will have to find another way to make the slider work the way it probably should. Thanks!

sstrool

Reaction score
If you do the manual update, will Verizon still try to do the update OTA?
Has anybody noticed the OTA update after a manual update.

I'm starting to get annoyed by that wilson guy throwing postcards!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

Let me take a guess. Do you have silent mode jammer installed?

I did, and it did this. Had to uninstall.

Yes, you are correct sir!

Stigy

Reaction score
If you do the manual update, will Verizon still try to do the update OTA?
Has anybody noticed the OTA update after a manual update.

I'm starting to get annoyed by that wilson guy throwing postcards!
No the updater will check in with your device before trying to send the update.

So it will try, but won't actually update.

JFDroid

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the stock android keyboard seem to be much improved!? It seems like it has multitouch. It just seems to register keypresses better. I can type much more quickly now.

adam8ch

Reaction score
hrm, you can definitely hit the next key before you let go of the first. i don't think it did that before. i pretty much only use the physical keypad, so i dont have a good reference point.

Status
Not open for further replies.