New Every Two - Worthwhile?

leland

Reaction score
Is NE2 worthwhile?

I just realized I'm a week away from it, but the discount is only $50. Huh?

If I want a Samsung Fascinate (which I think I do, as my other purchases of phones haven't panned out), then I can get it cheaper as an upgrade from Amazon ($99 upgrade) or Best Buy (free on Friday maybe?).

What's the point of it? Do you bother using it at all?

Varking

Reaction score
I use my NE2 every time it comes up even if I am pleased with my current phone. For example, if I had a NE2 available now and I was still happy with my Droid, I could order a NE2 phone like the X for $299.99 ( $199.99 after rebate ) and when I get it, I just do not activate it. At that point I can place it on Ebay and gain around $550 for it from people who do not have their NE2 up yet. So I get to keep my phone which I am happy with and also get a couple hundred bucks on the side.

If you were going to upgrade your phone on Verizon to actually keep it though, I would wait until they come out with 4g phones around January.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use my NE2 every time it comes up even if I am pleased with my current phone. For example, if I had a NE2 available now and I was still happy with my Droid, I could order a NE2 phone like the X for $299.99 ( $199.99 after rebate ) and when I get it, I just do not activate it. At that point I can place it on Ebay and gain around $550 for it from people who do not have their NE2 up yet. So I get to keep my phone which I am happy with and also get a couple hundred bucks on the side.

If you were going to upgrade your phone on Verizon to actually keep it though, I would wait until they come out with 4g phones around January.

My man hustling over here. My man bout his money....I like that.

johall07

Reaction score

My man hustling over here. My man bout his money....I like that.

dolla dolla bills yall

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Varking,

You won't get $550 on eBay because if you don't activate the phone on the line, you didn't accept the T&C for the reduced price of the phone, therefore you're selling an overpriced paperweight.

johall07

Reaction score

Varking,

You won't get $550 on eBay because if you don't activate the phone on the line, you didn't accept the T&C for the reduced price of the phone, therefore you're selling an overpriced paperweight.

cant you just activate it......wait a day and go back to your old phone but still have the new one?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Varking,

cant you just activate it......wait a day and go back to your old phone but still have the new one?
Sure, you can do that, then the ESN is clear. Varking was saying about getting the new phone and never activating it. If he does that then they're selling a door stop.

aceofspades

Reaction score
Very well worth it. I waited for mine to kick in and got my Eris for 30 bucks.

OP
L

leland

Reaction score
Still, just don't seem to get it as with $50 off, that doesn't get close to the upgrade price from Amazon or other sellers. Anyways, might as well focus on which phone...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Take a look at the link I sent you and consider the whole 24-month/new contract pricing idea. I agree, $50 off isn't exactly the nicest thing in the world when you're looking a Verizon corporate pricing on a subsidized phone.

everstar80

Reaction score
Fifty bucks? When i am eligible for my upgrade i only get thirty. Yeah its a little under a year so i wonder why is it different? Will my discount increase as i get closer to my upgrade time?