Away with new every two -

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DF Smod, Jan 19, 2011.

1. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

We all heard the rumors of how Verizon was doing away with the new every two program for new customers -

Well what about those of us who are currently signed up with the new every two - Verizon answers those questions

[​IMG]

It seems if your in already you get one more NE2 and that's it - tell us what you think

Full Link New every two FAQ
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

They're really starting to sit pretty high on their horse. Greed might knock em down a notch in the future.
  3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The New Every Two of $30 or $50 extra off the upgrade price of the phone was only ever on the primary line. I'm not sure why all the fuss. No other cell company was offering this at all. Watch for deeper discounts on the new phones coming out instead.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

All the fuss is people thinking they are getting ripped off by the big huge phone company. All you have to do is look around this forum and see how many phones are returned for no good reason. You have people who can't figure out how to use the phone. And then you have, and this one really gets me, the people who deliberately go get a new phone knowing another phone is coming out in 30 days and replacing it with the newer phone.

It all has to do with the false sense of entitlement. My D1 is broke, I don't want a refurb so I'll nitpick about everything until I get my D2. Little babies holding their breathe until they turn blue. Verizon is just doing what many companies are doing, they changed their return policy. Best Buy has done it. From a business standpoint they are protecting their interest and reducing cost by not having people take advantage of what was their generosity.

I don't like it. I have had times 26 days into the phone I realized it wasn't what I wanted. But I understand why Verizon did it. People took advantage of them and now they are putting an end to it.
  5. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Being able to upgrade the primary line once a year was nice but I don't think the discounts were that great on the new every 2 anyway. It would be nice to see the phone prices drop so you could afford to upgrade earlier but I will believe that when I see it.
  6. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

MY NE2 redeemed in October was $100. When did it get knocked down to $30-50?
  7. Vulcan1600

Unless you hadn't used your NE2 in a long time, you might still have the $100. It used to be $50 or $100, depending on the plan you had. Then a couple of years ago it changed to $30 and $50. If yours is still the old $100 then that's what you'll be able to use but has to be done soon or you'll lose it.
  8. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth.
  9. Vulcan1600

What is funny is that I had several D1 that I had to return under warranty and finally was given a D2 as a certified like new. :)

You are exactly correct though Hook. I was reading another thread where someone said "I'm going to T-Mobile." I didn't reply but was thinking of asking them to tell us what their New Every Two promotional discount is on their primary line, but I decided not to. Plus, T-M has horrible coverage. Maybe get a nice phone but wouldn't be very useful if you can't get coverage.
  10. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

Okay, I understand. My original contract was signed December 2008. I upgraded and used my $100 NE2 in October 2010 when I got my DX. So for my next (and final) NE2, it's only going to be $30-50...

When you put it that way, I am wondering what the big deal is for everyone then... $100 is a nice little discount (you're saving 50% on the subsidized price!), but I can't see making a stink over 30 bucks.
  11. Vulcan1600

Thank you Beka.....you get it where many are either not reading or just throwing out misinformation. Glad someone here gets it!
  12. bL33d

bL33d Member

So there is not gonna be any reason to sign a 2yr contract correct? If I have to pay full price for future phones then there is no etf correct?
  13. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

You still receive a phone at a promotional price, you just don't receive an additional discount for being a current subscriber.
  14. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

So the phone warranty is 1 year so if something happens to your phone in say the 13th month you will have to pay for a fix. At least before they could offer you a new phone with a 1 year upgrade.
  15. UrbanBounca

They've said they're going to have another program of some sort, but that's why they offer insurance. None of my previous carriers had NE2, so be glad they had it in the first place.
  16. styx

styx New Member

It's false advertising. They hook with the NE2 then say we're changing our policy. Perhaps a phasing out would be more appropriate? Pissing off the customers is NOT good business, just ask Sprint.
  17. UrbanBounca

I didn't even know about NE2 when I signed up. It's definately not false advertising.
  18. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

I am so happy i signed on in mid december :D

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G
  19. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Just sign 1 yr contracts... that's what I'm doing from now on.

So long as that's still an option VZW can do what they want... they're gonna anyway :)
  20. UrbanBounca

Martin,

That's the best option considering phones usually don't last very long anymore.
Search tags for this page

is verizon doing away with new every two