new droid x owner

fx4fssc

Reaction score
Hi from a 4 week droidx owner. Still getting comfortable with it and learning. One thing I would give a heads up on - the free AppKiller deleted all my new pics and videos that I had taken the first few days and also "selectively" deleted most of my pics and videos I had imported from my old phone. Luckily I had a backup of the stuff from my old phone and the new ones I had taken in the first week and a half with the new phone weren't that important. When I found out I uninstalled the AppKiller - it was kinda worthless anyway - within 30 secs after it ran, all the background apps were back running again. Also was looking at the new Moto Finiti bluetooth and decided against it - got verification from Moto tech support that the caller ID doesnt work with the android software. Problem is in the android software and they didn't know if it would be resolved anytime soon. So sad - the finiti looked great!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Task killers not necessary and as you have already discovered often cause more problems than they solve.

Check out the entire X section in the Forum by clicking the Forum link above. The is a lot of very helpful information in the different sections.

Enjoy your time with us.

Mike

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!! in addition to the Droid Discussion section (for all things Droid), there is also a separate section, with several subforums, devoted entirely to the DX. browse around, post around, and don't be afraid to ask questions - lots of info to be gained, and even more friendly members willing to share! :)

as Mike said, app killers are bad news - don't even bother with them. i haven't used one in ages, and my phone has never run better.