Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
ROM Manager has had a lot of reports of people losing backups and various other problems. That's a cleaned-up quote from Tallica over in the Rescue Squad.

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
yea it was there and i renamed it, then went to astro, and accidently deleted the clockworkmod file... Opps so im redoing all i messed up right now. getting back to wehre i was before! dancedroid

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
New backup being created now, then redownloading, and ill clear and tell you how it went! so far i havent had too many problems doing this, it seems simple on the RM right now.

You probably don't have to d/l the ROM again. Do you have astro file manager or something similar where yo ucan access the files on your SD card?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New backup being created now, then redownloading, and ill clear and tell you how it went! so far i havent had too many problems doing this, it seems simple on the RM right now.
You can look manually on your SDCard, under the folder named 'clokcworkmod', and then 'backups'... there you'll see if you have any backups...

EDIT:... just saw you other post...lol

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
furbearingmammal. While I agree with you that the way to go is SP, he's already using ROM Manager to try this and he kind of used to it where he has never seen SP. Let's try to get him through this and then he can learn SP if he wants. If RM won't get the job done, we are both here to get him through SP. :)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
yea it was there and i renamed it, then went to astro, and accidently deleted the clockworkmod file... Opps so im redoing all i messed up right now. getting back to wehre i was before! dancedroid

Oh, you deleted the whole clockwordmod file?! Hope there aren't any other files in there that RM needs to function! Not to sure about this, but you may want to try reinstalling RM now - what do you guys think?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think if he deleted the CLockworld file in its entirety, he needs to go to the market, uninstall RM and then reinstall it to be safe. If he was inside the CW\backup folder and deleted his backup then he's fine.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
And then use it to flash SPRecovery in so he can ditch it and just do things the "hard" way. :p

Okay, enough of my chiming in. Officially unsubscribed now. Good luck! :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Oh, you deleted the whole clockwordmod file?! Hope there aren't any other files in there that RM needs to function! Not to sure about this, but you may want to try reinstalling RM now - what do you guys think?
RM apk should be intact... and it should create a new clockworkmod folder... I'm pretty sure that he meant that he deleted the clockwork 'folder' when he said file...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

RM apk should be intact... and it should create a new clockworkmod folder... I'm pretty sure that he meant that he deleted the clockwork 'folder' when he said file...

I was just thinking that. The folder wouldnt even be there if he hadn't made a backup.

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
yea i deleted the whole file of clockworkmod so i flashed it again, and redid my backup, and now redownloading the Sapphire v1.0 from RM lmao sorry about this guys! :icon_eek:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And then use it to flash SPRecovery in so he can ditch it and just do things the "hard" way. :p

Okay, enough of my chiming in. Officially unsubscribed now. Good luck! :)
While ClockWorkMod had some versions that had glitches, I'm pretty sure it's stable now again... SPRecovery is just doing it the primative way... just like overclocking a PC thru BIOS, I'm stoked when my motherboards come with a Windows based overclocking utlity because then I don't have to always reboot into BIOS just to change some voltage settings... so it's the same with RM/Cockwork and SPRecovery...

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
yea i deleted the whole file of clockworkmod so i flashed it again, and redid my backup, and now redownloading the Sapphire v1.0 from RM lmao sorry about this guys! :icon_eek:

Not a problem - one day when you're flashing ROMs like a pro you'll look back on this a laugh your a$s off! :laugh: