New droid user looking for knowledge!

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
Ok great, i chose bugless beast V 1.1 ill see how this all works out! and ill def. be back to update and see how this all works out, i mean i hope its all good! will i notice a major difference in the functionallity of the phone?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Ok great, i chose bugless beast V 1.1 ill see how this all works out! and ill def. be back to update and see how this all works out, i mean i hope its all good! will i notice a major difference in the functionallity of the phone?

Not too familiar with BB and what kernels he uses. But you may want to purchase SetCPU from the market. It's an app that allows you to set the CPU speed ...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
BB v1.1 is for Android 2.1... get BB v0.4 for Froyo 2.2

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
FREAK!!!! download error! so im going to try Sapphire v1.0 now... but there are LOTS to choose from do i want low standard or increasing voltage?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
BB v1.1 is for Android 2.1... get BB v0.4 for Froyo 2.2

Yes, please do. If you already started, don't worry, you're doing no harm, just extra work (learning)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FREAK!!!! download error! so im going to try Sapphire v1.0 now... but there are LOTS to choose from do i want low standard or increasing voltage?

Probably got that error because I am not even sure he even still has 1.1 up for download. get 0.4

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Are you near your home WiFi currently? ... if so enable WiFi, that'll make the ROM downloads fast.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And like YankInDaSouth said, for now, just use standard, don't go into adding in a lot of things yet. 1st make sure it works, then make a backup and do it again and add stuff. (For Sapphire I mean if thats what you are doing right now.)

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
ohhh so the one i downloaded was for 2.1 gotcha! thats why there was an error.... but i heard of Sapphire v1.0 so i think im just going to stick with that

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ohhh so the one i downloaded was for 2.1 gotcha! thats why there was an error.... but i heard of Sapphire v1.0 so i think im just going to stick with that

Have at it. If I wasn't running BB I would be running Sapphire. That's obviously my opinion though.

Messing up my lunch schedule..lol Oh well, probably inadvertantly saving me money on food at the Reds game tonight.

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
im downloading Sapphire v1.0 now, be back in 15 downloading 1 of 5 it says! and yes im at home and wifi is on and currently active.. brb

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Like I said, I am bias, but that's a GREAT choice :tongue:

Have at it. If I wasn't running BB I would be running Sapphire. That's obviously my opinion though.
My signature 'Agrees' with both of you...